Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Re-evaluation -America Won the Vietnam War ! - (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Re-evaluation -America Won the Vietnam War ! -
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching Glenn Beck's show is like watching The Colbert Report without the laugh track. His claims are so absurd that you wonder if on some level he knows that what he's saying is bullshit.
FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to say of course he knows it's bullshit, just as I suspect every single psychic on TV does, but every time I look at him I get a little thrill of worry that he might actually believe what he says. Either way he says his stuff and gets paid, nutjobs get validation and everyone else gets something to laugh at. And his mad, tiny eyes stare on, squinting at the world like malevolent raisins in a doughy bun.

Mind you, at least you Americans have Beck, we don't really have an equivalent over here in the UK, at least not on his level. There's Richard Littlejohn, but he tends to work towards his hate-induced stroke by writing for the tabloids. Jeremy Kyle? Does shouting at glassy-eyed chavs count? What about George Galloway, the man who perfectly illustrates what happens when God wants to make a person, but only has two eyes, some hair and a perineum left in the toolbox at the time? The UK news scene needs a Glenn Beck!

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The above is worded badly, sorry - I don't think Beck is a psychic, just that he and they have certain "they must know this is bullshit" aspects in common.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps