Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Korean War, anyone? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Korean War, anyone?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
Only thing saving them from invasion is the fact we're busy elsewhere in the world...

Really? If it wasn't for Iraq and Afghanistan the US would have invaded North Korea? What stopped you before?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there was that wildly unpopular first Korean War- there's that to consider.

And the fact that no one would back us up on it- not even Japan.
Certainly China (holders of massive US debt) would be against it and would use it's UN influence to stop any support there because they really really dont want a million or so North Korean refugees streaming across the border into China.

And lastly, there's the impossible cost of integrating the two Koreas during this global recession.

Sadly, the least problamatic thing would be the NK military itself- the greatest theat there is Seol getting shelled -and that would be a terrible thing, but it would not last long after combat started: those fixed emplacments would be the first things to go.

There's all kinds of shit preventing open warfare- even if Iraq and Afghanistan suddenly became New Canada and New Puerto Rico. [Wink]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they'll be merged into NewPalinLand.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She can see it from her house!
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
She can see it from her house!

ok, ok Point taken. but really. just wtf would we do, if the NK tries to sink another ship? Hells, would we ask China to take of NK?

you can only suck up so much angry inside...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

We'd do nothing- nothing at all.
It's not like we're under and obkigation to defend...er..

Yeah.

If NK were to begin open naval warfare things would be a lot diffrent- then military hostilities would be likely, but this cowardly attack which they are going to great pains to deny is tough to respond to- how can they use military force without escalating things?

But that's a looong way from today's situation- today is back to the cold war standoff.

Personally, I blame Liam. Somehow this is all his fault.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As if all this wasn't enough, the North Koreans are also into bunnynapping. Give the germans their bunnies back!

If there ever is an allied "surge" into NK, a squad of GSG 9 troopers will HALO into the Pyonyang petting zoo with wicker baskets and warm blankets.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so annoyed I missed the Reach beta. I had an invite and everything!

What are we talking about?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:

What are we talking about? OH! That's right. Halflings. Cute, lovable halflings. Hav you given all your loot to your halfling, today? o.O

O.o
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
As if all this wasn't enough, the North Koreans are also into bunnynapping. Give the germans their bunnies back!

If there ever is an allied "surge" into NK, a squad of GSG 9 troopers will HALO into the Pyonyang petting zoo with wicker baskets and warm blankets.

Call it "Operation Stewpot".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a big bunny...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:

What are we talking about?

Don't feel too bad, I missed the Star Trek Online Beta, and I was invited as well.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps