Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » JOB OPENING: Coach for the North Korean National Football League

Author Topic: JOB OPENING: Coach for the North Korean National Football League
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danger Pay not included in compensation....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't know what to say to that (don't give a flying assfart about SOCCER)...

but then again, who know what really happening over there... story seems... extreme...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But on the other hand, it is North Korea we're talking about here.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what a douche-bag of a country.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's probably the government rather than the country. I mean, the people that live there are just people like anywhere else. You have good ones and bad ones. But it's the government's psychotic attitude and that of the people in power. I can't imagine the people in general want to live like that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I know it's the Gov, but damn I've never seen a Gov that demonstrated such malice against it's own people.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[quoye]More alarmingly, they were accused of “betraying” the country in the “great ideological struggle.”

[/quote]
Yes- they betrayed the great ideological struggle of football.
The ideal? Kick ball into net.

That's like saying their ambitions are "Wake up. Breathe. Keep breathing."...all in the name of the future leader and doubtless douche-bag, Kim Jong-un.

NPR had a disturbing story on that NK "currency revaluation", which basicly made the money people had saved their entire lives worthless. It allowed the government to print "new" money and pretend their debts never existed.

Imagine going from middle-class to destitute overnight on the whim of the government.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
NPR had a disturbing story on that NK "currency revaluation", which basicly made the money people had saved their entire lives worthless. It allowed the government to print "new" money and pretend their debts never existed.

Imagine going from middle-class to destitute overnight on the whim of the government.

From the Toronto Star Article:

quote:
"In recent months, North Korea has executed two top officials – one who oversaw a recent disastrous currency revaluation and another in charge of diplomatic talks with South Korea. Both were subjected to the same sort of accusations of treachery before they faced the firing squad."
People just can't seem to find such stable, non-hazardous careers these days....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the hazard-pay is meaningless when they make the money worthless, so I guess it just "do what you love" and hope you are not the most recent scapegoat.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.