Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » One less driver on the road, thanks to Lazic Eye Surgery!

Author Topic: One less driver on the road, thanks to Lazic Eye Surgery!
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look mom, i'm blind now!

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That links to a page with several stories. Are you talking about the "teen with laser" one?

At 15, haven't you seen and heard enough to know not to point lasers at yourself? I mean, seriously. It can burn paper and shoes, so let me bounce it around and see if I can hit myself in the face with it.

sheesh

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite part is how he waited two weeks before 'fessing up to what happened. I imagine it's pretty tough to fake being able to see.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People are pretty clueless about lasers. I was at a seminar once, and the speaker (a colleague of mine) hit me in the eye with a laser, as a "joke." Since it was a low-power laser pointer, there was no permanent damage. The funny part about this story is that I later had him killed.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Yeah, if that was me your friend would need a sieve, a bowl a prunes and about four to eight hours to get his pointer back.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps