Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » *Tweet* My very 1st & very Fatally Last Congress on the Corner... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: *Tweet* My very 1st & very Fatally Last Congress on the Corner...
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they're their own "church." Not affiliated with anyone else.

Of course, most of them are lawyers and their real MO is to provoke people into touching them so they can sue for assault.

Yes, they're professional trolls.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pensive: No, the Westboro Baptist church is an organization of nutters who have nothing to do with real Christians whatsoever as far as I can see. They proclaim that, for example, 9/11 happened because God hates fags and we're soft on 'em.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

yeah, nut jobs. Lord help those fuckers if they & me will meet. likely I will get busted by the cops fucking up one of those gobshites. i try to be as lawfully moral as i can but theses guys? ill take a shit on their car, given the chance*...

* of course, i never did do what i always wanted to do in the past, go pee on the side of the PETA building in Norfolk...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... the nine-year-old was gay? Or is Phelps just branching out into other areas of lunacy?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't just picket gay people, they picket any deceased person and claim that person died because of America's toleration of gays.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...If the cemetary is a privately owned property, the owner can close it to public access, allowing only the family entrance (and cops can enforce that).
The jackasses could still protect outside the grounds of course.

The real galling this is taht these vultures must watch tragedies and say "This is a media oppourtunity!"

Someone should put surveyors marks on them. [Wink]

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I hear of WBC I want to puke. I want to go to Kansas one sunday, barricade all the fire exits, and light the whole church on fire. Then, if anyone managed to survive or escape, throw them back in...

Either that or go to one of their protests and super soak them with a mixture of rancid milk and human feces. Both sound good to me.

Someone really needs to do something about Phelps and his cult before he goes totally Waco on everyone (pun intended, sorry, but how often does that come along?). Be proactive for once and get him before he literally crucifies someone for being gay. If they haven't already.

Bleh, sorry I had a bad day today. But yeah, if anyone happens to be in the Kansas area, do everyone a favor and do one of the things I mentioned above...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Phelps and his ilk should be destroyed, slowly, and with pleasure by the destroyer.

A. I question the intellect and law enforcement capabilities of a sherriff who would ascribe such specific political motive to a crazy person in such willy-nilly fashion.

B. According to the Daily Kos folks, Giffords is a conservative Dem by their measure, and according to old classmates and acquaintances, the shooter's a left-wing nut who smokes pot and is against religion.

And yet somehow, this guy's a right-wing nut and it's Rush Limbaugh's fault?

Based on what I've seen of the writings of the lunatic-assassin, he's not so much left or right as he is off-the-map in psycho-land, like most true lunatics, with little apparent rhyme or reason to his views.

But leave it to the left-wing media types to always try to claim that lunatics are right-wing, like the airplane guy Stack and now this nut.

The list in the link below, and especially the paragraphs after, speak better to the point than I have:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mithridate-ombud/2010/03/24/medias-myth-right-wing-violence

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah? What about that other nut that killed someone?
You know...the one that flew his plane into the IRS building?
That guy was "Mr. anti-tax" and was as right wing as they come.

The Sheriff's comments are dead on- Giffords herself spoke out against the hate during the election- the same election she recieved death threats in and where Palin put crosshairs on her district.
You take someone with mental illness and feed them such "facts" like "they want to take your guns away" or "They want to put people in concentration camps" and you get violence.

Limbaugh himself (that turd) said, just today that " He said that now the government will take away your guns, along with "as many political freedoms as they can manage."- that is not only a total lie, it plays into the fears of gun nuts everywhere.

Limbaugh could care less that his words draw hate to democrats- but when someone critiques him on his drug addiction he said "Words mean things- you cant just say thing without facts to back them up".

NOw Rush is suggesting that sheriff is helping the suspect in some way:
quote:
“This guy clearly understands he’s getting all the attention and he understands he’s got a political party doing everything it can, plus a local sheriff doing everything that they can to make sure he's not convicted of murder.”

Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit- every bit as vad as Fred Phelps.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah let's all talk about how we hate people that hate people and how we want to hurt them cuz we're obviously better than they are
Teh PW
Member # 1203

we're not, Dan. The only way we can justify 'our better standards' is by our conduct. Rush, Beck... others (both left & right) are ACTORS, paided money to spout thier views, regardless of what the percentage of Bullshit-per-parts-per-million it contains.

we can all agree on a few things:

Toxic Avenger Guy(TAG)(cause i can't think of a better name for him) is, like Jason describes, off-the-map psycho, totally a tool (think Mind Crime), by whom ever fed him his insight (tv? the drugs? his culture?. Nothing much different from how suicide bombers work (someone arms them with bullshit & TnT, pats em on their head and laughs as they leave [Better them than me])

Those Incest-Monkies from Topeka (TIMT) will eventually fall apart because either they will be jailed for something, or another nut job will kill them. The states law's in reaction may or may not hurt either way.

The reterec from both sides, Left or Right, will continue to feed the opinion machine, in turn feeding the top two above...

uh, someone hit the flame retardant button before this turns into a real, honest-to-goodness flame war?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

President Obama today took a higher moral stand on the issue:
quote:
"Scripture tells us that there is evil in the world, and that terrible things happen for reasons that defy human understanding. In the words of Job, "When I looked for light, then came darkness." Bad things happen, and we have to guard against simple explanations in the aftermath."

Jared Loughner, 22 is charged with multiple counts of murder and investigators are trying to determine the motivation for the shootings. Obama said we may never know.

"For the truth is none of us can know exactly what triggered this vicious attack. None of us can know with any certainty what might have stopped these shots from being fired, or what thoughts lurked in the inner recesses of a violent man's mind. Yes, we have to examine all the facts behind this tragedy. We cannot and will not be passive in the face of such violence. We should be willing to challenge old assumptions in order to lessen the prospects of such violence in the future. But what we cannot do is use this tragedy as one more occasion to turn on each other. That we cannot do," Obama said to a standing ovation.

Meanwhile, Sarah Palin issued a teleprompted speach which all but decalred herself the victim- calling it a "Blood Libel" against her.
Fuck, could she be more offensive?
Look up "Blood Libel" and you'll see that it has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with persecution of jews- making her comments doubly offensive as congresswoman Giffirds is jewish.

Whoever wrote that for her needs to get canned- whatever the intent was, it failed badly.

Majority Leader Boenner issued a nice speach- I can forgive his weepyness on this one...and as a show of solidarity, both republicans and democrats accompanied the President to visit with GIffords and the other wounded, then with families of the dead.

Leonard Pitts had a great op ed piece today, talking about how the nine year old girl that was shot on saturday was born on 9/11- a day where partisan differences were put aside for the good of the nation, and how far rom that spirit we are today.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Dude...."Speech." /hammerofgrammar
Teh PW
Member # 1203

Dude...? as in "Free Speech"? That applies to you & me, the working class serfs. when you're a politician? or hideously rich? in situations that cry "JUST STFU, don't say a word!", she says that, all that in her speech. 'Blood Libel' i never even heard the term.

but i hope people remember it next year if she runs... :/

oh. wait. you meant for Jason to spell-check first... *smiggles* nevermind!

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grammatical Fascism FTW!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps