Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » PRESIDENTIAL RACE? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: PRESIDENTIAL RACE?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The more the Republicans squeezed, the more states slipped through their fingers. [Wink]

Also, Obama won Florida, if anyone cares.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I care- it shuts up some republicans I know taht are saying "Romney won the popular vote"...aparantly that's been repeated a few times on Faux News despite it being a bald faced lie.

I mean...really. There are people out there that refuse to accept reality- instead they feed off the crap Fox feeds them, then repeat it to everyone they can and just refuse to listen to anyone pointing out the truth.

I've got an uncle that is exactly that way- and he blames Romney's loss on everything from the hurricane to voter fraud.

But then, there are people that still listen to crazy Donald Trump- Romney sure courted his endorsment...and being associated with Trump's Birther nonsense did not play well with rational people.

BTW, great Star Wars reference there.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
What I find so scary, though, is how Fox News have hit the ground running with sour grapes and insulting and demonizing the US population for its "treachery" of not electing Romney. Many people look to them for guidance, and Fox News tells them it's totally appropriate to not accept a constitutional election, it's even important to do so because the liberal moochers and leeches in the blue states are now destroying america (when in fact the majority of welfare-takers live in the South and are their main audience, but Fox can't tell them that so they have to lie every day).

Absolutely- they prove their poor charcater by how incredibly immature and ungracious they are in defeat- here in Florida, tea partier and communist-conspiracy nut Alan west clearly lost his re-election bid and tried to have the voting machines impounded and the whole vote recounted...yesterday he got laughed out of court on that and he's still crowing about how he'll fight on for his seat... [Roll Eyes]

And then there's our fuckwad governor, Rick Scott- the man directly responsible for the state's voter suppression efforts- he's now saying that, despite the Supreme Court's decision upholding the Affordable Healhcare Act, that he will not enact the law- which will cost the state billions in federal aid and, of course, he will be forced to enact the law anyway.

Though you can bet your ass that like Jeb Bush did with legalized gambling, he'll drag his feet for months, dong exactly the opposite of what the people of Florida voted for.

So what if it costs the citizens an absurd amount of money? Rick is covered- he made millions himself perpatrating the largest medicare fraud in US history.
Yes, Really.
quote:
the company ultimately admitted to fourteen felonies and agreed to pay the federal government over $600 million

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the other messageboards I frequent is centered around F-150 pickups; a great wealth of knowledge for fixing things when they go wrong.

You can just imagine the kind of shit that goes on in there about the election. I try to stay out of the political section but every once in a while I venture in... and get reminded why I stay out.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of that poor, deluded "gun cabinet" guy on Flare back in 2008 who was convinced that if Obama won over McCain, hordes of black rape-gangs would eventually sweep his town and he would have to defend his family, sandbag his porch and pick off the jungle bunnies "shooting gallery"-style with his expensive, never-used, fetishized assault rifles.

It read like a wish fulfillment fantasy, in the same way a Katana-collecting "My Little Pony" fan hopes to one day get to use his arm-swords in school, defending a hot emo girl from a hostile jock.

I sure would like to read his facebook-statuses post-Nov 7th.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nothing like a weapon you can't cut down to ensure suicide by police gunfire.

The new Republican conspiacy/manufactured Obama scandal is all about General and former CIA Director Petreaus stepping down.
I'll let the professional do his job:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-november-12-2012/spyfall---david-petraeus-resigns
More post-election stupidity.

And some hilarious new memes.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps