Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » small country frustration flame.. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: small country frustration flame..
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

It was great to see John Travolta complaining about our "you know what they put on their french fries" habit though. 'tis true.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, unless I miss my guess, I imagine the Europeans giggled at how we Americans ate our French fries with ketchup! (Can you imagine?)

The thought just occurred to me. Can anyone email me the recipe for Jägerschnitzel?

--Baloo

------------------
Carpe Canem!

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...so what exactly is that "you know what" that Europeans put in their fries?
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Mayonnaise! (Samuel L. Jackson: "Geez!")

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mayonnaise? That's probably something that's done on the European mainland. I've never heard of it being done in Britain, although there may be some.

And RW, I love your country, Belgium isn't it?

Just kidding, I have been to the Netherlands, and I thought it was really good. The next thing I have to do in your country is to visit Ajax's stadium and watch a game there. I've heard it's amazing. You might scoff at that though, the natives of a country always seem to burst out laughing when someone compliments it.

------------------
"YOU SMEG!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*had a very good J�gerschnitzel this weekend*

For a J�gerschnitzel, take boneless pieces of pork, flatten them to about 1cm and pay attention that it's very even, dip into flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs. Fry in a pan for about 10min, until it's gold-brown.

The mushroom sauce may be made of beef stock (of which is usually too few available) and flour, but a brown instant sauce may do as well. Only the mushrooms should be fresh or at least canned. Don't take dried mushrooms. I like to add some milk or sour cream. Maybe you could use few(!) ketchup or a little bit of brandy. It's also possible to add some chopped bacon.

Best served with fries, boiled or baked potatoes and peas, carrots and/or cauliflower. I recommend a German Pilsener (that's a beer with foam).

Prost und guten Appetit.
*No warranty*

Another nice recipe is Pommes rot-wei�: Fries with ketchup *and* mayonnaise.

And now some more nicknames for the Dutch:

RW: Maybe it comforts you that your big neighbors basically have the same problems.

Bernd from what you may call Bavaria, not so strictly speaking

------------------
Brain. Brain. What is brain? (Kara the Eymorg, "Spock's Brain")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

RW
Member # 27

And now, some nicknames for the Germans:

etc.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd: Sheesh! A little spoiler space would've been helpful!

When I started reading your Jägerschnitzel recipe, my salivary glands kicked into overdrive!

Good thing my keyboard is water resistant!

------------------
Yo quiero Jägerschnitzel!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps