Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Perhaps I Should Become a Mormon...

Author Topic: Perhaps I Should Become a Mormon...
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just came across the straw that broke the camel's back...
I was looking around for information on Sleepy Hollow and the new Bond movie when I came across the announcement of the Voodoo5 video card http://www.3dfx.com/prod/voodoo/v5-6000-overv.html

Its a freaking card that has as much ram as my whole computer, a computer that I just upgraded in June....
arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh......its hopeless I tell you.....hooooopppppeeeeelessss.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gad! I still run a p-100 with 32 megs of memory.

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to the title of this thread: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *beats head against wall repeatedly* Nnnnnoooooooooooooooo...... please..................... nnnnooooooooooooooo........

~LOA

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry....

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh, I know what you mean. My homemade computer hasn't been upgraded in a long time.......compared to today's standards, it's ancient. Anyone have something crappier than this?:

Cyrix 6x86-200MHz (Actually clocks at around 150MHz)
12GB total HDD space (3GB useable *grumble*)
1MB SVGA PCI graphics card (Don't laugh!!!!)
32MB RAM
44x CD-Rom
56600 Baud Modem
Sound Blaster 16

Heh.

------------------
If my mind wasn't a total blank all the time, I'd have something creative written here. But it is. So sue me.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, are you sure you don't mean Amish?

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's so that he isn't tempted to drink coffee while stressing over all of this?

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever flavour of relgion that ignores all new technology, and lives as rural and archaic as possible.

So if its Amish....whatever....

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cody:

Compaq Presario 75mhz
640 MB HD
24MB RAM
4x CD-ROM
Sound Card is broken
Modem rarely works
Video Card is shot
Floppy Drive is broken
BUT it has a working LS-120 drive... kinda....
And all in all, the computer is dying....

So I think I win... *L* That's the computer i have to use when I go home....

~LOA

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can top (or would it be bottom?) even that. My Wintel is a 486 DX/33. That's right. A 486. 16 MB ram. 700 MB HD divided over two drives. 8x CD-rom. 14.4 modem. And on top of all that, Win 95 refuses to recoginze my mouse (any advice on that would be greatly appreciated, BTW). Beat that.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah, okay, my computer isn't looking that bad after all. *stops bitching*

BTW: *just HAS to add "Diamond Rio PMP300 to his list of peripherals, as he just got one* GRIN...

------------------
If my mind wasn't a total blank all the time, I'd have something creative written here. But it is. So sue me.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps