Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Get away from me. . . (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Get away from me. . .
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personal space. Strangers shouldn't invade it. I was in the bank line, and this woman (who would have been attractive ten years ago), was a little too close to me. Now my personal space is about a foot and a half. That's a decent space between two people. Getting inside that annoys me to no end. This woman bumped into me just moving around. But the thing is that if you can hear someone breath without super-hearing, they are too close. I should have had Goldsboro's Finest in front of me arrest her for tresspassing.

Does this bother anyone else?

------------------
(This message has been edited by the Website Enforcement Authority, and rigoruosly inspected by 12.)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GAH! People must DIE! *Takes his Cavalier to the 'lotta them* Take THAT.  Angry Face

------------------
Pleh.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can empathize. I too have a rather neuroticly large personal zone. But banks don't bother me so much as the lines at Taco Bell.

------------------
"And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you are."
--
John Linnell

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having grown up in crowded cities, lack of personal space doesn't really bother me in public. At home, however, that's a different story.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This woman was breaching personal space and getting into intimate space. Please, not at the bank.

------------------
(This message has been edited by the Website Enforcement Authority, and rigoruosly inspected by 12.)

[This message has been edited by Cargile (edited July 17, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try letting your head roll back, and mumbling "Yes Master, I'll make them pay". If all else fails, Fart!

(Al Yankovic is playing on the radio right now)

If it's a nice place, and you want to continue to be welcome, try turning around to face he, Lick your lips, move your eyebrows up and down.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal space is EXTREMELY important to me, and only the people I love are allowed to get really close. *LOL*... especially at home.. my room is my own little private haven and I HATE when people just walk in.

------------------
I'm you're only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing friend, but really i'm not actually a friend, but I am.

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh. oh yes...personal space...quite easily violated. these past couple of nerveracking days i think i was violating my OWN personal space. *L* bet you never though *that* was possible. *L*

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*tries really, really hard to make the least of Weyoun's comments... but fails...*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

sounds to me like her fingers went south--but I could be wrong, and most likely are.

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL* *slaps her forehead* NO!!!! Geeeeez...that's not what i meant. :P me and my big mouth. *L* shoulda stayed shut up. what i MEANT was that i had wanted to be SO alone, that i was trying to escape my own self, and couldn't.

for crying out loud. i think i'm going to have to start SCREENING my posts for innuendos like that before i click send :P pleh.

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screening for innuendo is futile. It will be found and brought to attention.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personal space is very important, especially to us clausrophobites. If anyone gets within 3 or 4 feet, I freak. Once I had this lady at work poke me right in the side, which is a hot spot for many people. I had to keep from slugging her right in front of the whole store.

------------------
Don't believe what you see
Don't believe what you hear

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding I discovered that I loved personal space in math class in an auditoriam, that had seventy people that held exactly seventy people that gave you a Total of two inchs of personal space, I dropped that class within a week.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

Sorry Jedi. I thought my phrase was very obscure. I doubt it is your nature to indulge in such activities.

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps