Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » On Wednesday, July 28...

Author Topic: On Wednesday, July 28...
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...I witnessed my seven-month old miniature schnauzer puppy get run over by a car as he ran across the road to see me.

I had let the dogs out so they could play with us in the front yard of our house. We live off the beaten track, so to say, and I figured that they would be safe.

Well, the dumb little puppers ran across the street into the weeds and my sister went after him. I was too busy yelling at my 6 year old sister for putting sand in the pool to go and get Tucker before he got out of the yard.

So after a while Jessica was yelling for Tucker in the abandoned house's yard that is all overgrown, and we found him in the bushes hiding from us. So I said "Jebby, watch out...there is a car coming down the hill so don't let him get away."

Just as I said this, Tuckeroo ran from the weeds and nearly cleared the tires before his entire hind-end was crushed. I was shocked, I could only scream "NO!" over and over at the top of my lungs. I scooped up him and held him close so Jessica wouldn't see him that way.

The poor puppy was in so much pain that he was biting and yelping, and I got bitten on my neck and lip, and my gums, too. I got into the car and the guy tried to drive me to the animal hospital before it was too late.

Tucker was shaking and crying, and I was talking to him and kissing his muzzle to calm him down. Then he stopped moving and started seizing, and his toungue was blue. I plugged his mouth closed and tried blowing into his nose but it wouldn't work. I thought his throat was clogged so I carefully poked my finger into his mouth but his airway was clear.

I felt his heart beating really fast, and I rubbed his tummy and hind legs to try and stop him from hurting too much. Then, before we were ten minutes away from the AH, I felt Tucker's heart stop and he died. I was so calm, just told the man "Sir, he's gone...you can bring me back home now."

So when we got home our friend Lois Bonno came down and hugged me and Tucker and I started crying. (Lois was the lady that boarded them while we travelled)

I got a box and put him in it and gathered his blankie and bunny and then my Aunt Dianne drove me to Gramma's to get away from the house. My mom got home and they buried him, she was so hysterical crying. I still feel like it is my fault, because I let him out, didn't try and stop him from leaing the yard, and I ignored my feelings of something bad happening and "visions" of him getting hit.

So, we went on a 12-hour trip to go get another puppy *just* like Tucker, same parents, the next litter. Spencer, our 15-m.o. puppy was so depressed, he wouldn't eat or go outside, only slept all day.

I can only hope that this puppy helps my mom feel better, because I know she was crushed when she found out her baby was killed. She claims that it isn't my fault but I know everyone knows it is because my littlest sister said so.

:..(

------------------
"Nobody is just anything . . . Everyone is of equal value, regardless of their station."
Romanian President Nicolae Carpathia to Cameron Williams of the Global Weekly

Aunt Em-
Hate Kansas. Hate you. Took dog.
-Dorothy

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost my dog when I was ten. Same way. The memory fades a little afte a few years. I'll be thinking about you.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Sunspot, I'm so sorry but it's *not* your fault. You loved that puppy and did everything you could. Awful things just happen sometimes.
IP: Logged
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I felt the same way when my dog died. He started seizing and coughing up blood and died right in my hands. I never will look at July 4 the same way again.
Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dammit, that was a sad story i'm crying. *L*

hon...its' not your fault. things like that happen and we never know when it will. *embrazos enorme para mi hermano* lo siento, chico.

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a huge downer. Man, I'm sorry. Whoa.
IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps