Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Personal Gripe (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Personal Gripe
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is the first topic I have posted and it is in regard to my last few days at work. Now I am one of the lucky people who actually LOVES their job. I am an Information officer and Librarian for a fairly large business. This business is moving offices, and each member of staff was told they had responsibility for packing their own stuff...for everyone else a desk, for me that meant a 20,000 tome library, about 4,000 magazines oh and a desk. It was hard and heavy work, and cos the crates were late arriving it had to be done pretty much in one day... Everyone offered to help me..I thought 'how nice' but in the end the guys went to the pub, the partners..(all men) sat in their offices and watched me and 3 other women (none of them very big) lug these books about, climbing up and down ladders with heavy loads!!! They didn't even come out when one of the girls FELL OFF A LADDER!! Well...one of them popped his head around the door and asked what the noise was about (sarcasm) which I thought was really nice of him. (/sarcasm) I'm not saying that we didn't manage cos we did, and we all worked REALLY well as a team..but I cannot believe that ANYONE could just sit there and watch people struggling like that!!! The thing is they are usually quite nice...professionally aloof, but basically OK...I can't believe thay were such jerks about the whole thing...they even griped cos we had the radio on....GGGGRRRRRR sorry but they really pissed me off.

I know not much of a flame, I suppose I am a little subdued as I have to UNPACK the stuff at the new office by myself....*sigh* I am not paid to be a removal person....hope I am insured for this....

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there's one thing I've learnt from my association with lawyers, it's that they are the most snobbish, stuck up morons you've ever met, completely incapapble of thinking for themselves. Thinking about themselves, yes. But that's it. I'm quite convinced they're the scum of the earth, and you just have to look at my firm's main clients - the UK Police Federation - to confirm it.

What do you do? You live with it. *shrug*

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they are not lawyers they are Town Planners..but the principle appears the same!

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get all the dirty jobs at my office. If I'm not there, they send two or three engineers to do what they send me alone to do.

------------------
Here I Come To Save The Day : Mighty Mouse

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawyers, politicians, bureacrats (sp), whazza difference?!

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never really thought there was a difference in classes of scum. They're all the same. Scum.

------------------
Risk is our business! That's what this starship is all about....that's why we're aboard her!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there are several levels of scum. You have the surface-floating scum that is the "best" of all scum. You know, like what's left after a decomposing fish. Then you have the middle-suspension scum like algae and the like. Then you get your bottom-feeding decay-of-the-earth scum. Like catfish and lawyers.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeping up with a long tradition of being as annoying as possible, I fear I must defend the practice of law. Sure, I hate greed, but you can find that in any profession. Paid any medical bills lately?

Of course, we don't hate doctors, because we consider saving lives to be important. But I would contend that preserving our rights under the law is important as well.

Ah well...lawyers probably deserve what they get anyway.

------------------
"I'll turn everything around and confuse you. I'll fix it so you can't remember what was true."
--
They Might Be Giants

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate prosecution lawyers who know the defendant is innocent, but go hell bent on trying to show guilt, and I hate defence lawyers who know their client is guilty but go hell bent on proving their innocence. They say they are preserving the rule of law. HOW? By sending down the innocent and defending the guilty? They're greedy bas***ds through and through.

The others I don't mind though.

------------------
"YOU SMEG!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've very likely said too much already, but I'll point out that defense lawyers are sworn to preserve the interests of their client, regardless of their knowledge of guilt.

Otherwise, Law & Order could get very boring.

------------------
"I'll turn everything around and confuse you. I'll fix it so you can't remember what was true."
--
They Might Be Giants

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But defence lawyers are also sworn to uphold the law. How do you compromise that with helping to get a guilty man free?

------------------
"If it should become necessary to fight, could you arrange to find me some rocks to throw at them"

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not very fond if most Doctors either.
My aunts doctor has a autographed picture of Deforest Kelly in his office, so I guess he's above the average.

------------------
Dramatis Personae

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctors make me uneasy. Hospitals give me the screaming willies. Lawyers make me start sharpening knives.
Nobody's said it yet, so I shall.
"First thing we'll do: Let's kill all the lawyers!"

------------------
"To appear in an Ernie Wise play...is the final accolade"
"Look at me and say that"
"Accolade."
"AH-hahaha!"

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The real sad thing MaGiC is that had you been in America, all you would have to have done is bat your eyelids and every able-bodied man in the building would have been there to move that stuff for you, while you stand back and order them around.

------------------
The best thing about being a solipsist is that I'm the only one here.
--Paul Cargile

The Excalibur
Member # 34

True

------------------
Dramatis Personae

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps