Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Drug Interaction meets the big white bus

Author Topic: Drug Interaction meets the big white bus
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... What am I talking about?

Let me tell you what i'm talking about.

I'm talking about the amount of medication my *insert very nasty curse word here* Doctor has me on.
Actually, it's not so much the amount as the side effects of the stuff.
They've got me on 350 mgs of Naproxen three times a day. WONDERFUL stuff, Naproxen is... it's got 5 of those little warning stickers on it, and if I dont' take it with food my stomach will BLEED INTERNALLY. It causes dizziness, drowsiness, stomach upset and nauseausness, not to mention if I stay in sunlight longer than 2 hours on the stuff it makes me INCREDIBLY ill.
As if that weren't enough, though, they have to put me on Nytrol, which is a high-estrogen form of birth control to raise the hormone levels of my body. GREAT. The side effects of THIS stuff are headache, dizziness, morning sickness (which lasts all the LIVE LONG DAY), not to mention it raises cholesterol and heart rate.

Needless to say i've been "Riding the big white bus" for about 5 days straight now.

I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

I've missed work twice this week and this stuff just won't let me have any peace, which is incredibly disturbing seeing as I have to start college classes next week, and my parents were supposed to take me to Outback Steakhouse tomorrow night.

*GROWLSNARLGRUMBLE*

I HATE MEDICATION!

*ahem*

Thank you.

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
350 MGs of Naproxen 3 times a day? I'm sorry! I was on Naproxen for a LONG time.... 500MGs twice a day.... didn't do anything 'cept make me high for the first few hours and then make me crash REALLY hard after that.... as far as solving my problems? Nothing. Then came Naprosyn.... pretty much the same thing, only it upset my stomach more... after that, Piroxicam... We WON'T go there! Oy..... Now I'm on Vioxx though adn I REALLY like the stuff! The side effects aren't nearly as bad as the other meds, just some weakness and irritability and stuff, and unlike the other meds IT ACTUALLY WORKS! Drawback? WAY expensive, so if insurance drops me, I'm screwed.... Between that stuff, the steriods, and the other meds I'm taking I'm costing them a small fortune with each trip to the pharmacy... Oh, well! *L* Life goes on!

But I feel your pain, Jubes... I carry with my a "Little Pouch of Horrors" and it has every pill imaginable in it.... *L* Sometimes I actually take them as prescribed, too... but not often... I get tired of the "cure" being worse than the ailment *L*

Gotta love Drs. though, huh?

~LOA

------------------
The greatest single cause of athiesm in the world today are christians who acknowledge things with their lips and then walk out the door and deny them by their lifestyle.

THAT is what and unbelieving world simply finds Unbelievable.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...what are these medications for, if you don't mind my asking?

------------------
"I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
--Q to Picard, "Tapestry".

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am stupid, I should a have remembered these are pain killers (they are pain killers, right?) well here is a page describing the stuff.
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/naproxsod.htm

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

[This message has been edited by HMS White Star (edited September 05, 1999).]

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds awful, Jubilee. Have you thought of getting another doctor's opinion?

------------------
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."

Bette Davis - Old Acquaintance

IP: Logged
Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Naproxen is for a nagging pain in my chest and sides that won't go away, and the Nytrol is for Policystic Ovarion Syndrome.

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not kidding... Naproxen/Naprosyn (pretty much the same thing) does NOTHING.... Piroxicam is better, but the side effects are worse.... Vioxx though... this stuff has worked SOOO well... and the side effects are not NEARLY as bad.... Anyway, ask your Dr. for other meds.... there's a ton to pick from... and maybe someday, finally, you'll find some that WORK! :-P

~LOA

------------------
The greatest single cause of athiesm in the world today are christians who acknowledge things with their lips and then walk out the door and deny them by their lifestyle.

THAT is what and unbelieving world simply finds Unbelievable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Naproxen is for a nagging pain in my chest and sides that won't go away, "

Look, I know CC's persistent, but you could just tell him to be a bit more gentle.

Sorry, trying to lighten the mood.

------------------
"Ray...the next time someone asks you if you're a god you say 'Yes!'"
-Winston Zeddmore

Jubilee
Member # 99

*LOL!*

------------------
~ Barenaked Ladies

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop being sick.

------------------
"I came upon a wedding, good old families had contribed.
Bethlaham the bride-groom, Babylon the bride.
Great Babylon was naked, ah she stood there trembling for me.
And Bethlaham enflamed us both, like a shy one at some orgy.
And when we fell together, all our flesh was like a veil.
But I had to draw aside to see the serpent eat its tail.
Some women wait for Jesus, and some women wait for Cain.
So I hang upon my alter, and I hoist my axe again.
And I take the one that finds me back to where it all began.
When Jesus was the honeymoon, and Cain was just a man.
And we read from pleasant Bibles, that are bound in blood and skin,
But the wilderness is gathering all its children back again."

excerpt from the song "Last Year's Man"
By Leonard Cohen.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**THWACK**
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles, you're not helping are you? I suggest being more gentle, and instead you start *THWACK*ing your girlfriend.

Hey, Cargy's line works well too, as a double-edged pun. Maybe that's what CC was angry about.

------------------
"Why can we never meet anyone nice?"
"Why can we never meet anyone who can shoot straight?"
-Lister and the cat

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps