Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » right-handed supremacy

Author Topic: right-handed supremacy
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Why are almost all the joysticks currently available ergonomically curved to take right hands? Are we southpaws forgotten? The old MS sidewinder had a neutral grip (great if you ask me), the new one has a right hand-only grip. Gr..

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is why I use a gamepad...hehehe

"Everyone is born right-handed, but there are those who overcome it."

------------------
"That is the exploration that awaits you: Not mapping the stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possiblities of existence." - Q, All Good Things...

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister and nephew are both southpaws. I myself am a northpaw, but experience their difficulties second hand.

Does no-one make left-handed joysticks? If not, then there's a business opportunity if ever I saw one. Roughly 10% of the population is left-handed. That's a pretty good-sized market.

--Baloo

------------------
CONSUMER NOTICE:
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

No, separate left- and righthanded joysticks are not a good idea. There are two options; learn to fight the monsters with your right hand, or make neutral joysticks. Looking at the sidewinder pro on our computer at this very moment I know the latter can be done successfully.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.