Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Does life after high school rule? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Does life after high school rule?
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya White Star. There aren't enough hours in a day anymore.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved high school... I mean, dead serious, I loved every moment of it. If I had to, I'd go back and do it all over again, and STILL come out loving it! HS and I just REALLY got along well! (I know... I'm so weird....) Anyway, now I'm out of HS and i'm in college... and you know what? I LOVE college! It's AWESOME! I can't relly compare it to HS, because the two are so different, but still... life after HS certainly seems to "rule" for now... hehehe....

Butas for the whole relationship thing... I've noticed that in college people are a lot less picky about looks and money and superficial crap like that. At least at this campus, the nice guys DON'T finish last! Imaging that, huh? *grin* And as for me though, i hate men, so relationsips aren't an issue for me... *grin*... I learned my lesson about college age men in HS! *L*

Anyway, that's my tidbit of info! Hope you enjoyed it!

~LOA

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry....

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
School is an endurance test designed to sap your strength of will. Even if all the world declared war on you after graduation, at least you can console yourself with the knowledge you are an adult and don't need to take shit of anybody anymore. You will also never have to call anyone "Sir" again.

I was at university for 4 years for my first degree and over that time I grew to enjoy it more and more. Baloo speaks wisely, hear his words.

(Admittedly since moving south this autumn my life has been slipping down into a puddle of putrifying goo, but such a thing happening to you is highly unlikely. The universe is too busy abusing me at the moment.)

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You will also never have to call anyone "Sir" again."

Unless of course, you join the military, in which case it will become a well-used part of your verbal inventory. Of course, others may be using the term to address you, as well.

--Baloo

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geeesh...thee is no optimism here. Ultra, here is what you do.

Go to a small liberal arts college in Wilmore,KY.There you will meet the nicest girls you have ever known. No one there has a real conflict with any body, you can even leave your dorm unlocked! And the girls there wear nice clothes, mostly skirts! , and for some reason most of them have the nicest legs I have ever seen collectively as a group. ( Must be that 'your body is God's temple idea') ?

Life after high school is AWESOME!!!

------------------
With 17 hours of class, guess what I'm doing.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bit late in replying, but UM, you really would be lucky if a comatose female noticed you. Them being comatose and all.

Y'know, I hated the first two years of senior (high) school. I lost all my old friends, and even (shock) got picked on. Then I got some mates. And started to relax, and not wear my trousers arounf my armpits. It worked wonders. Well, not quite wonders, but anyway.

I pretty much enjoyed college, and am enjoying university. The only problem I now have is I ddon't see the point in worrying about the future when you can have fun today. I'm not the sort of person who'll say "Oooh, I've got essays due in next monday, so I'll stay in all week and miss the big party". You're young. Enjoy yourself. Don't work so hard that you can't relax. Don't work so hard that you're always too tired or too busy to go out. Have fun. Party. And if "Wake me up before you go-go" comes in, strut your funky stuff.

------------------
*gasp* "The pictures...they're...coming...alive!"
-Abe Simpson, on the miracle of the moving image

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to see everyone again. I'm back from a semester-long sabbatical of senior year of college, and I thought I should let you know how it looks from this end.

Life does improve over college. You will find you will have more free time to do the same amount of work for the first two years. After that the work world looms and you start to get more responsible and pragmatic.

The girls I suspect you will be good for are those who are probably not the most outwardly extraverted women. I found in college that the really nice girls did not go out every weekend and party with others. Unfortunately, meeting these women in high school is nearly impossible because you don't have access to them when they don't live in the same building as you do. If I were you, I would try to look to the non-athletic extracurricular activities where some women congregate. Those locations I've found are the best grounds for women who use their personality and wits, not their bodies, to make their points and function among others.

I know it is small confort to you, but I believe someone as thoughtful and organized as you will eventually catch the eye of someone who finds those qualities attractive (just make sure to look for subtle signs; it took me a month before seeing my first).

Good luck, my friend. I wish you well.

------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's sad...I'm one of those women who wants Prince Charming, the guy in the magazine surveys. The thing is though, I don't beleive in his existance, until someone can prove me wrong, I'll keep my cynical point of view, so please don't try and convince other wise.

I'm not talking about Mr. Tall-Dark-And-Handsome, either. I really don't have that much interest in looks, because I know (unfortunately I learned the hard way) the value of compatible and complimentary personality. I seem to go for bad boys, and I HATE it...and have ended up hurt, but that's a post for another thread on a much different message board.

Good guys, don't dispair, we're looking for you, you just weren't there when the bad boy or football captain came along and seemed to be the greatest guy on the face of the earth. Had you been there, there would have been no comparison and those guys wouldn't have had a shot in hell. It's all a matter of timing, don't give up...we're still looking for you...

------------------
"You're just about as useful as .JPGs to Helen Keller."

- Weird Al (It's All About The Pentiums)

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOA, I'm with you there. HS was some of the most fun I've ever had. Though, that is not always the case =).

Ultra, this may sound a bit weird, but the best way to get a woman to notice you is to not overly try. I can attest to this. Talk to them, find out what they are like etc, either something will happen or it won't. Either way you have nothing to lose. And remember there's nothing they hate more than a whining lap dog who trails them, makes innane comments and stutters replys.

Anyhoo, that's enough of my sabbattical.

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Field Marshal Military Project
http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Appropriate I answer after Daryus...

Life SUCKS. Life in High School SUCKS. Life after High School SUCKS. Life SUCKS! If you have any doubts as to what to do, look to my signature!

Okay, mellower, let me say that life after high school is better. My first year of college was pretty fun actually, and I wouldn't have traded this spring for anything in the world.

And yes, nice guys generally do finish last. You'll find that attractive women go for the guys who are popular or "cool" and thus this often includes jocks. I'm reminded of a line from Stay Away, "I'd rather be dead than cool, I don't know why." Kurt puts it well. However, what you should realize is what it took me far too long to realize, that such things make you a better person. Look at my two role models, Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder. They took all the crap life threw at them (which for guys is almost always related to females) and turned it into the best music anyone had ever heard. Thus, they became popular, wealthy, powerful, and "cool" as well. Now, this drove Kurt over the edge. Having the people who hated him come to love him was too much. Yet, this is a wonderful way to accomplish things in life. So, hang in there. Take up an instrument (I recommend guitar, although I learned bass first) and become a great songwriter (try to write good songs, not popular songs). You'll eventually (before you hit 30) reach the big time, and you'll have women offering everything from their heart to fellatio.

There ya go, a Marxist always has a blueprint and plan for everything. And if all else fails, just beat up guys named Clint.

------------------
"Look on the bright side is suicide" - Kurt Cobain
Milk It, Nirvana

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DT, that was encouraging...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no! If you're going to start playing a musical instrument, it should be the accordion or concertina or glockenspiel or euphonium or something.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Ou tou kratountos h� polis nomizetai" - Creon

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been partial to the kazoo.

You've never lived until you've heard "Thus Spake Zarathustra" on kazoo.

------------------
"There are some upon this earth of yours, who lay claim to know us, and who do their deeds of passion, pride, ill-will, hatred, envy, bigotry, and selfishness in our name, who are as strange to us and all out kith and kin, as if they had never lived. Remember that, and charge their doings on themselves, not us."
-- The Ghost of Christmas Present (A Christmas Carol -- Charles Dickens)
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally off topic...but, Baloo, I love your smilies, that one's great.

And as for musicians, I was thinking earlier today that the "computer geeks" and the guys in "that dumb band" in high school, though they may be outcasts at THAT point in time, tend to turn into the people later on with the most interesting and rewarding careers later in life. And now that I'm FINALLY doing something I love, I can look at the "in crowd" and laugh that they're working at the local supermarket. I love the subtle ironies of life.

------------------
"You're just about as useful as .JPGs to Helen Keller."

- Weird Al (It's All About The Pentiums)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanna know what's really interesting? I'm a computer geek, and a musician. It's really wierd. I don't look the part of musician, but I can play pretty damn well, I just need the motivation to make the time to play. But I also like learning about computers, and am taking a couple of computer classes designed for university level, even though I'm only in high school.

And the point of this rambling: hmm, I'm not quite sure. So, I guess I'll just sit down and shut up.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps