Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Sorry but AMerica.. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sorry but AMerica..
monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just decided to talk about something I heard about trade complaints by Americans

Sorry to all those American pulp and lumber workers, sorry for those miners that are afraid of Candain competition because they are mad that Canada is dominating in these fields. Every field such as dairy and others, the AMericans have complained.

If one where to come to Canada and looked around, much of the stores around are American owned.The food court as all American except for my dad's store.Did u know, Canada is the largest country in the world that doe not desgin it's own cars. It is a branch plant for American products.

Almost all the largest companys are owned by Americans yet they complain about us domintaing the market hahaha. They complain of the Government subsidizing lumber, yet they are able to sell cheaper christmas trees than local sellers.

Enough bitc$ing. See ya

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bwahahahah!!! He's stumbled on our insidious plan to take over Canada.....You see, we never forgot the War of 1812. Soon, everything in Canada will be American, then the people themselves will think they are American, and that's when we move in!

*evil cackle*

------------------
"You bellowed?" - Black Arachnia - Agenda

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JEFF RAVEN! Don't tell them our plan! Right now, the Canadians don't know anything is up! Please, don't ruin this for me! I was promised Toronto.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Chimaera
Ex-Member

Another casualty to add to the list: The Ontario company that makes the Canada Arm (the robotic arm in the cargo bay of the space shuttle) was just sold to an American firm.

But hey, its not all bad. Siegram's (a large Canadian corporation) owns universal studios (Siegram's, by the way, first made its fortune by selling liquor to bootleggers from the US during prohibition). And Canadians sell a fortune worth of electricity to the US every year (and in British Columbia, that's done with hydroelectric dams that the Americans paid for, they don't own them mind you, they just paid for them )

But if you're still feeling down, just think back to the war of 1812 when some Canadians went down and burned the White House to the ground.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*decides to interrogate monkeyboy*
*german accent mode*

So, monkeyboy...Vhat do know about our zecret planz, eh?

------------------
"That is the exploration that awaits you: Not mapping the stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possiblities of existence." - Q, All Good Things...

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hates attitudes like this*

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Chill alrights.
Not to start a bash a American rant just stating some truth.

U may have a plan to take over the country but we are more insidious than u are,heheh.

We are planting our actors,actress singers and businessmen deep in American society and eventually we shall influence every mind there is.

Jim Carey will be the leader of this movement.

We shall win in the end!!!!

(Burn baby Burn!!!!)

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading this article in the Financial Times where this American bloke was complaining about Europe buying Carribbean bananas and not the ones produced by the US owned companies in South America.

This is supposed to be a free market economy isn't it? We can buy whatever we want from whoever the hell we want.

------------------
"YOU SMEG!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the Americans and Canadians have secret plans against each other, I'd like to say that both the Americans and Canadians have a bigger problem than each other. That problem is Texas. Yes, you see we Texans have been forever planning our conquest of the United States and Canadian. So there!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Canada has agaents texas sector already.
Though not directly related, Our agent in Nashville, Shania Twain will take over Texas as her personal fiefdom through her music!!!.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*launches an ICBM at Siegfried*

The point of all this scuffle is that the U.S. wants to remain at the top of the capitalist world. Even a loss of a few measly bucks will get them steaming mad.

That's what this conflict is about. We want to protect our Canadian publications and our content from American Competition. The problem is advertising. Canadian versions of American magazines are called "split runs", aptly named because they still maintain the same content, but run with Canadian advertising. This, and the fact of the cheaper Canadian dollar means that American magazines pay CONSIDERABLY less money for Canadian Advertising. Guess who loses out?

The new legislation is designed to allow Canadian magazines to regain their footing and get a fair share of the market. Unfortunately, the Americans think it's unfair and will cause serious damage to their magazine industry.

Another couple of facts: Economists predict that the absense of Canadian advertising will have a miniscule effect on Split run sales while giving Canadian magazines the funs that they desperately need. As well, American magazine publishers (with the exception of one) don't seem to care much about whether they can buy Canadian Advertising.

Sure, my views are not complete, but right now, I have to split. Be back soon.

*expects to be bombarded by ICBM's from every state*

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the Texan plan for world conquest:

As part of the Secret WOrld Peace Emergency Response Team (S*W*O*P*E*R*T), I have been observing Texas and Texans for many years. I have lived next door to Texas for the past 5 years, to permit even closer observation.

Fear not! Remember Ross Perot? That was their best effort!

Regarding whiney U.S. businessmen: There are at least three possibilities for this:

1. The businessman cannot understand why the good people in [insert name of country whined about] don't buy his "superior" product, and presumes it is due to protectionist policies in the target country (sometimes it's true, but nobody likes a whiner).

2. The businessman believes that if he whines loudly enough to the right people, his product will be granted an unfair advantage in the target country (hey, it happens!)

3. The businessman has absolutely no expectation that his whining will have any effect regarding the country whined about, but he hopes the shareholders remember how he was "looking out for their interests when the swine in [insert name of country whined about] when it comes time to elect the Chairman of the Board.

------------------
Carpe Canem!

Chimaera
Ex-Member

*Chimaera shakes head in frustration, darn monkeyboy is giving away all our secrets, next he'll tell the Americans about all the agents we planted in their hockey teams, I'll have him sentenced to fifty years hard labour in Santa's sweat shop for this*

Seriously though, there is a very important reason that the US is coming down hard on Canada for its magazine legislation, and its not money (not Canadian money, anyway). You see, culture in the US isn't culture as other people think of it, its an industry like steel or oil, and a very profitable one that is exported all over the world, magazines included. There are a lot of countries out there, like say France, with very rich and diverse cultures, that are afraid of being squashed by American movies etc. And they are watching this Canadian situation closely, wondering how they can protect their own cultures. So the US is setting an example, in the hopes that other countries won't try to set limits on American "cultural" imports.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Don't worry, our plans our safe still. Even if they know them, they are powerless to stop them.

Seriously, there was a meeting in congress about the AMerican culture and protecting American culture in resposne to Canada's protectionist views. Kinda found that stupid. At the time, it sounded more like tactical plans of invasion and undermining then actual protection. And besides, why would AMerican culture need protection, it was all just a intimidation tactic, a long list of many others.

Hmmm should I tell them that we plan next to declare war on the State of Alaska and say it is'nt part of the States and annexe it?.

It has already been made cannoical onscreen. Rikers from Alaska and he's Canadaian!!!!.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I knew Riker was from Alaska, but he's Canadian? When did that come out?

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.