Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Sorry but AMerica.. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sorry but AMerica..
Brigman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Riker might not be Canadian, but William Shatner (68 yesterday!) and James Doohan are. Without those two, Kirk and Scotty might never have existed! So, Canada's OK by me...

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

IP: Logged
Chimaera
Ex-Member

Riker's from Alaska, and he's American, but hey, nobody's perfect The confusion may come from an episode of TNG when a group of junior officers (which the episode focuses on, I can't recall the name of the episode) mistakenly believe that Riker is from Canada, not Alaska.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

[This message was edited by Chimaera on March 23, 1999.]

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

I belive that episode is called lower decks.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the Junior officers was just trying to suck up to Riker because he thought it may help him get a promotion.

------------------
"If it should become necessary to fight, could you arrange to find me some rocks to throw at them"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyway, I watch a lot of American TV, and it seems to me that almost everywhere outdoors in the US looks like a small forest outside Vancouver anyway, so it seem the Canadians have conquered the US.

------------------
'Not the sponge, not the sponge!'
-Marty Crane

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Due to the low exchange rate, many production companies in the United States shoot movies, commercials, TV shows, etc and so on. And whenever they shoot it in Toronto, they always call it New York, or Chicago, or Boston, etc.etc.

Why can't there be a movie in which if they shoot it in Toronto, then the whole movie is based in Toronto?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't "Forever Knight" set in Toronto?

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was being a wew bit sarcastic there you know? Liek every alien planet in TOS looking like a small desert outside of LA. Or like a poor studio set for that matter...

[This message was edited by PsyLiam on March 29, 1999.]

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

The only thing worst than the TOS having all their planet sets in stages is that the Next Generation had to do the same bloody thing.

Don't know if this fits into anything anymore.
To make it fit, I'll blame America. There it fits now but barely. (JK)

------------------
I did'nt do it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps