Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Dry tinder (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Dry tinder
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We DO have laws like that. If you want them enforced (as we all do), talk to madam Reno. The reason Clinton's gun control laws are blocked is because they're not needed. More laws aren't the answer. Enforcing the ones we have is.

------------------
"Arthur hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realised there was a contradiction there and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no, the reason Clinton's proposals were blocked is because the Republicans will be damned if they'll let him have any successes this year. That's how things work. Clinton could be the nicest upstanding conservative in the world and the situation would be the same.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it isn't. I'll tell you how things work. If the Republican congress thinks that a law Clinton comes up with is a bad idea, they don't pass it. Clinton then comes out and says that it's a personal attack on him. People like you then believe him.

------------------
"Arthur hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realised there was a contradiction there and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To put it bluntly, shut up. You have no idea how I think. And if you are willing to pretend partisan politics doesn't exist, and that the Republicans are somehow better or even different then the Democrats, then you have my sympathies.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truly amusing thing?

You're BOTH right, and you've been successfully manipulated into disagreeing.

Today's Republican and Democratic parties ARE essentially the same salad, with different dressings. They take their marching orders from what are essentially the same folks, while paying lip service to the people in their respective "camps."

And it works frightfully well.

Currently, it's something like this:
1. Tragedy occurs.
2. Side A drums up propaganda to create new laws.
3. Side B creates halfhearted, but apparently ironclad, resistance to side A, but calculatedly fails in propaganda war.

Result: Further defections to side A, despite law's ineffectiveness. Stage set for second tragedy, cycle begins anew. Objective of Control met.

(subplot): Side B gets everybody worked up over threat that fails to materialize. Side B looks like 'kooks.' Further defections to side A. Further objectives of Control emplaced.

Paranoid? Maybe. But why is it nobody ever seems to check the interrelationships of so many folks who "seem" to be on opposite sides.. like when Clinton was letting Bush's CIA use Arkansas airfields for CIA business?

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this and thought it fit right in there with this and other threads. Do enjoy!

The Christian's Guide to Small Arms

and this one also from the same fine folks at the Gospel Plow where the phrase "God bless guns" is taken literally:

Small Arms Tactics and Individual Weapon Systems as it concerns Christian Freemens

Now everyone can see how far the 7.62 NATO round can penetrate the basic heathen and or infidel, which if you don't know it, is just about everyone.

------------------
It's no use. I guess I'll have to leave all my money to the Egg Advisory Council. Eggs have gotten quite a bad rap lately, you know, Smithers.
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited January 01, 2000).]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps