Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » One for the anti-homosexual to consider (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: One for the anti-homosexual to consider
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, can we PLEAAASSSEEE add "If god exists, why does he allow bad things to happen?" and its endless permeatations to the list of things NEVER to say. Because

1/ All the possible answers have been explained.

2/ If you believe them, you believe them. If you don't, then you don't. And as much fun as it is for me to bang my head against the table while First and Omega argue yet again, I believe that there are more interesting points.

Strictly speaking, it's not the XY or XX chromosome, but the amount of testosterone (or whatever) that the feotus recieves at a critical time in development. If the Y or X chromosome malfunctions, it's still possible to end up with a 6"2' 15 stone Rugby player who piles down bitter like it's the apocalypse and then shags a woman dirty every night, and still have a XX chromosome pair if he received enough adrenalin. He will be male physically and mentally.

But he won't be able to compete in male events at the Olympics. Strange that.

Also, why didn't the doctors of tese intergender babies DO an XY/XX test?

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, my statement #1 WAS incorrect. This marks the first time in the preceeding millennium that I was wrong.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I couldn't care less why I'm gay, nor would I want to be *straight*. When I was 13, I started to realize that I liked guys, I was looking at people I went to class with. I thought I was going insane and thought it was a stage. Then after a year, I knew I was gay and accepted it. Now I think to myself wether I like Filipino guys more or Thai guys because both are fun in bed.

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point First. But what about Eddie Vedder? He hasn't died yet. Oh, wait, he told me that he's not my fucking messiah (his words, not mine). Damn!

Looks like I have to go back to Spoonman!

Spoonman, come together with your hands. Spoonman, I'm together with your plan. Save me!

------------------
"All in all is all we are" - Kurt Cobain
All Apologies, Nirvana

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, I got to weigh in on the "Why does god let bad things happen?" thread. I can answer in relation to my god, Eddie Vedder (in my trinity, he's god, Kurt is the Messiah, since he died for our sins, and Noel Gallagher is the active force, since he still rocks).

"Like, we get thousands of letters a week from people who want some kind of help. I've had people sending me notes saying they're going to commit suicide and I've called them up, and some of them, man, they're beyond help. But you're in this position where you start to think there must be something you can do, you know. So maybe I'm more tortured now, because I feel like there's more I should be doing. But you can't help everybody and if you say, 'Well, I'll help this person, but there's nothing I can do right now for that person,' it's even worse, because then you do start acting like God. Because there are so many people who deserve whatever help you can give them."

That's from an interview with Melody Maker magazine. Now, if that's how Eddie feels, if there was actually a god, I am sure he'd feel the same way.

------------------
All Apologies, Nirvana

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, because God (as advertised) is omnipotent and omniscient, and therefore CAN help everybody. He just chooses not to. For no reason yet justified. And when you ask you get this runaround about "where were you when I made the whale" or some such rot.

When you can't help but want to, that's excusable.
When you CAN help, but don't...

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

DT
Member # 80

Eddie Vedder isn't omnipotent? Screw you! I know he is! I have faith in him! Next you're going to tell me that Kurt wasn't sent here from Seattle to die for our sins.

------------------
All Apologies, Nirvana

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I think to myself whether Chinese girls are more fun to shag that caucassian girls.

Now, is that offensive?

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited January 07, 2000).]

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not wrong. It's wrong though when you start attacking someone's boyfriend...

*Looks at Ultra with a trigger-happy look*

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, er, What the f**k are you talking about Justin? Hey Dude, how did I personally attack your boyfriend there?

The only thing I've said in this thread had nothing to do with you or Mike.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited January 08, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps