Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Please do not feed the trolls.

Author Topic: Please do not feed the trolls.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[I posted this in the Flameboard because trolling happens more frequently here than elsewhere in these forums. The views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the management. ]

When someone posts something calculated to set you off, do not respond. The fact that someone is trying to piss you off indicates that they are starved for attention and don't care if it is good attention or bad.

Ignore them and they will eventually tire of trying to tick you off and go somewhere else to play that game. Negative feedback works.

--Baloo

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)[B]
Come Hither and Yawn...

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I respoinded suitably to that Troll's thread, I don't think I had any Troll Food with me.

It's like laughing at the kid who says assinine things during class. Encourage him, and he'll continue.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Baloo said.

I'd say this guy "opened his mouth and removed all doubt," eh, U-M?

"Didn't anybody ever tell ya that trolls are all ugly?"

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited January 12, 2000).]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kicking troll ass is much better than feeding them, IMHO.

If he tries another stunt like that again, he won't be around to cause a third.

------------------
"Shoes, yes. Definitely. Shoes."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Imagines Charles kicking a Troll*
*The Troll retaliates, biting Charles*

*Oswaldspeak* That's funny...

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**Oswald as in from Drew Carey?

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps