Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Blow Up the Outside World

Author Topic: Blow Up the Outside World
DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that was an awesome song.

But this is not about Seattlites. This is about nuclear weapons. I believe that, for the benefit of our conservative friends and their need to instigate a new Cold War (for such obvious reasons) I will post the full nuclear arsenal for the US as it stands now, and how it would look after START II (ie, December 31, 2007)

ICBMs currently number 550. That is 450 less than in 1990. Due to multiple warhead capability, those 550 account for 2000 warheads. The 50 Peacekeepers will all be retired, thus bringing the number of ICBMs down to 500. The Minutemen III will all be reduced to single warhead ICBMs, thus bringing the total number of warheads down to, yep, you guessed it, 500.

Currently, there are 432 SLBMs with 3,456 warheads. The oldset four Ohio class SSBNs will be retired. That will lower the level to 14 subs capable of launching, 336 SLBMs (all D-5s) and they will have 1,750 warheads.

As for bombers, the B-1s are all being converted to conventionals, thus lowering the amounts of heavy bombers from 115 to 97.

Just thought you'd all like to know. See, as long as we keep those wacky republican twats from getting too much power, we can stop nuclear proliferation in this country, where it is most dangerous.

------------------
"Never met a wise man, if so it was a woman" - Kurt Cobain
Territorial Pissings, Nirvana

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok slap me and call me susan, but what song are you talking about!!!??

"Baby Thinking of you keeps me up all night"
I met Britney Spears twin

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soundgarden's Blow Up the Outside World. Track number 6 on Down on the Upside and number 14 on A-Sides (I think, at least). I felt that formed an appropriate title for a thread about, well, blowing up the world

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soundgarden! Someone else actually likes them! Yipee!

They're converting the B-1B's to conventional delivery? I didn't know that.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They aren't exactly an unknown band. Or weren't, I should say.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but alot of people (Where I live, anyway) don't like them.

------------------
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited January 14, 2000).]

DT
Member # 80

Simon is a Washington snob, ignore him :-)

Yeah, they're converting them over. I think it is a very smart move. Even if you're a "China is going to kill us all!!!" person, you have to applaud that move. Frankly, who knows if the B-1s can still be reliable nuclear bombers?

------------------

Member # 239

They were obsolete before they were bought, I suppose. And even more so when the Tu-126 came out.

------------------

-Jack Handey

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that makes me rest easier! Only, say, 10 000 nukes to worry about now. *PHEW!*.

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

Man: (Eyes growing wide) "No religion forbids a good hot curry".

-From some movie.

DT
Member # 80

Thank you Daryus! I should not be surprised you were the one who got my point.

There comes a point when nuclear weapons are superflous, because you have so many. We're all fretting over China getting new and new tech. Well, so what if they have Multiple Warhead tech, or are developing cruise missiles? They're already at the point where they can hit the US, so anything else is superflous (unless they surpass the US, which would take a feat of monumental proportions). Keep in mind, we could destroy this place in the 1950s.

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol We tend to be on the same wavelength.

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

Man: (Eyes growing wide) "No religion forbids a good hot curry".

-From some movie.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps