Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Marijuana...is it bad? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Marijuana...is it bad?
Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are drugs ok? I don't think so? Should Marijauna be legal. My opinion is nope. What about medical purposes? I think if you've got cancer, and if you want to smoke pot, then you should be allowed, I mean you're dying already. What are your views on Weed? I would like to hear...

-FTM

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you like marijunia?

I'll ask you this. How many people do you know are actively smoking pot?

------------------
"Never met a wise man, if so it was a woman" - Kurt Cobain
Territorial Pissings, Nirvana

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generaly it is a mellow drug. But i condone it for medicinal purposes.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drugs are bad. Unkay. Don't do drugs, unkay.

Personally, I do know several people who smoke pot. I've never seen anyone so lazy, or lack so much ambition.

------------------
"I suppose you thought I was dead? No such thing. Don't flatter yourselves that I haven't got my eye upon you. I am wide awake, and you give plenty to look at."
Household Words, Aug. 24, 1850
From the Raven in the Happy Family

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO, all drugs should be banned. Alchohol should be replaced with synthehol and all tobacco plants should be jettisoned into space.

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well, now you're making sense. Thanks for the useful suggestions.

------------------
"Never met a wise man, if so it was a woman" - Kurt Cobain
Territorial Pissings, Nirvana

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My school is pretty much made out of pot. I know alot of people who do it, and it doesn't bother me.

I don't do it, and that'll stay that way. But, I'm not going to do any good going around yelling "Don't do that! It's bad for you!".

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only bug my family about it, ie my parents and my bro. But they only smoke cigarettes.

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well it is a gateway drug. I've seen people who would never touch drugs start drinking, then they starting smoking cigarettes, then they start smoking pot one night when they are drunk, then the pot replaces the alcohol, then in some cases, not all, far from all, but still a significant amount of pot smokers will go on to shroom, and acid, and then on to meth, and then once you've done meth, why not cocaine? ok so that might be a bit drastic, but it is possible. When you are under the influence of alcohol and marijuana, and of course all more serious drugs, you are not in control of your decisions, the drugs are in control.

-ftm

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"you are not in control of your decisions, the drugs are in control."

That's a good quote. I knew a person (very vaguely) and saw him start to use, and then get into harder and harder stuff, until he was completely under the possesion of addiction. It was very sad, really.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it's also psychologically ludicrous. People who drink do not automoatically go on to take Heroin. If the person is drinking to escape life, or whatever, then yes, he might take stronger stuff. But people who drink socially will not become Opium addicts by default.

All of my friends drink. Actually, since we're students, it's pretty heavy drinking. A fair few of them do pot. One once did Heroin. But he stopped. And none of them have ever eaten a baby sandwhich.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided long ago that I'd never do drugs of any sort. Didn't see the point, as my hold on reality is shaky enough already (Borderline Personality Disorder). I was present in a trailer once where several people smoked pot, but I was at the opposite end in another room, the place was ventilated, and I never even smelled it. (And yes, I did inhale .)

I gave up alcohol several years ago when I realized I was starting to like it TOO much, and I still crave it sometimes, though I've never had a sip since.

The guy across the hall from me in my dorm did a lot of pot, and a more dull, dumbed-down person you'll never see. He walked around with his mouth hanging open, and basically did nothing with his existence. He dropped out, eventually.

My best female friend, however, who is one of the smartest people I ever knew, one of maybe 5 people I know who'll I'll admit is smarter than I am, smoked pot on a very occasional basis (I knew her for five years, during which she smoked maybe twice), and wasn't affected by it at all, otherwise. She's making more money than I am, now.

My cousin did lots of stuff when she was younger, and although she's clean now, she's pretty much screwed up her life beyond repair, she's now divorced with one kid and living in a house her mother paid for, working a low-paying job.

Is pot worse than alcohol? I dunno. Alcohol isn't all that good, though. (Neither is tobacco. ECCH! Foul-tasting crap!) Under the influence, both pot and alcohol have caused people to kill, either accidentally or deliberately. So do yourself a favor and forget them.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, its bad!

------------------
Peace on Earth

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*resists urge to scream*

Thanks for that. Next time I go out to the pub, I'll have a Coke, and be thankful that I've managed to save someone's life, someone that I would have murdered, due to the evil influence alcohol would have had on my addictive personality. My arse...

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And you know, leaving your house has caused people to kill, either accidently or on purpose, so do yourself a favour, and never leave your house.

------------------

Mr Garrison

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps