Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Marijuana...is it bad? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Marijuana...is it bad?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think anyone who needs alcohol and/or drugs to have fun leads a very boring and pointless shitlife existance.

That's why I took up playing guitar. (Well, that and I liked music). While all of the other kids my age went out and got "totally fucking bombed, yeah!", I did something constructive. I think I get more enjoyment from that than I ever would "getting totally fucking bombed, yeah."

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here here, Ultra!

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never done drugs.. never will .. never want to..

I have the occasional drink - love my guinness.. is alcohol a drug? Hmmm... Maybe .. but it's legal.. and dope isn't .. at least not right now it isn't.

Do I condone its use for medicinal (sp) purposes??? No.. it's illegal !! You wanna take away the pain?? Go to a doctor and get a shot! By smoking pot.. you are increasing your pain by subjecting yourself to the possibility of getting cancer... Increase chances of Cancer of the throat, lungs, mouth .. what the hell kinda medicinal drug is that ???

And here's the hypocracy ==> They'll make pot, an illegal drug, available for medicinal purposes, but they won't make, say, Cocaine, or methadone, or heroine, all illegal drugs, available.. Why? They're all freakin' illegal drugs.. why make one available and not the others?? Sure.. Coke, Heroine, Methadone,.. they're BAD drugs.. they're addictive.. SO ARE CIGARETTES FOR CRIPES SAKES.. THE BIGGEST KILLERS OUT THERE..

and I'm not saying they should be make these horrible drugs available to anyone.. I'm just trying to point out that if you make one one illegal drug available to ailiing people.. make them all available... If the gov'ts wanna make pot available to ailing poeple.. make the damn stuff legal..

I'm not huge on morality.. don't get me wrong. I've had my day in the drunk tank .. sleeping in the middle of fields, and pulling all nighters .. sure.. drinking is hard on the liver .. if you do it too much .. but it's legal..

Should pot be legal?? not for me to decide.. Do I care if it does?? not really... But I find it as disgusting as smoking a cigarette. It stinks .. and it can kill you. Drinking can, yes.. I know that.. and that the debate isn't it??

I'm open to debate on this one.. I can argue both sides..

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with UM (except the guitar part. Harpsichord is the way to go). IMO, drugs are bad for most non-medical applications. I see little use for them otherwise. I even avoid caffeine.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't enjoy anything.

Is marijuana bad for you? Yes. Is it worse then alcohol or cigarettes? Probably not.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank: I tried Harpischord, but I was so overwhelmed will flirting young lovely women, I had to turn to an instrument that was less popular with the ladies. That, and I wanted to play the riff from 'Crazy Train'.

------------------
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: I think marijuana has some rather nasty life-long effects.

UM: Oh, come on. "Hey, I play the guitar!" "Yeah, you and everyone else."

I'm personally waiting for polka to come back into style. Or disco. Disco polka!

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Member # 239

Count me in! I'll finally get to wear my homemade German Bell-Bottom overalls...

------------------

-Jack Handey

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something less popular with the ladies? Guitar? Ohhhh..... I dunno... where I come from, guitar is VERY popular with the ladies... or maybe that's just me... *L* What do you play? Electric, acoustic, both? Just wondering....

And as for the purpose of this thread: I've never smoked pot. I've never had a drink. I've never even TRIED a cigarette. And I've never done anything else that's even REMOTELY "illegal" or "rebellious"... I've just always been able to find better things to do, I guess....

~LOA

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, marijuana isn't bad, afterall it's just a plant...like all the rest of the plants on the Earth. Save that someone somewhere at some point discovered that it does wacky things to the brain. Does that make it a bad plant? Hardly...it has some reason to exist in the scheme of nature other than to dull the sences of teenager slackers.

Marijuana doens't get you high, smoking marijuana does. Hell, it's the same form of argument that pro-gun types use.

------------------
Ohh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts, and plagues and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing...well I say "Hard Cheese"!
~C. Montgomery Burns

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

*applauds LOA*

Well, again, except for the guitar part. But she liked my accordion.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Member # 239

I as well applaud LOA, and all of the forums advocates of anti-drug use.

Oh, LOA: I play both, depending on what kind of 'mood' I'm in. There are certain things you can do with each. And I was being sarcastic about the Harpischord thing. guitar is pretty popular with the ladies here, too.

Like a while ago, I was 'jamming', and a girl asked me if I was playing as Les Paul. I said 'yeah'. She said 'it's nice.' and left. Like I said, the guitar is popular here.

------------------

-Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited January 15, 2000).]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way... a Les Paul??? Ohhhh...... *drools* What kind???

I've got a 1956 Gibson ES-225t that I'm learning to play on... it's AWESOME.... near perfect condition, and plays like you wouldn't BELIEVE.....

But Les Pauls are... ohhhh.... *drools some more*.... NICE......

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

First: Ya know, I know people who are completely and utterly boring and stupid who don't do weed. And some of my most interesting friends (I can think of two off the top of my head, both of whom are funny, work hard, one is a DJ and stand-up comic and the other DJs in a band that is in the process of being signed) get high often. So, by anecdotal logic, smoking pot is neccessary to be motivated.

Ultra: ooh, Crazy Train? I can play the bassline for Paranoid, so we'll need to jam next time you're in my part of the woods.

------------------
"I'm so happy cause today I found my friends. They're in my head." - Kurt Cobain
Lithium, Nirvana

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and the theory that using pot leads you to harder stuff is shite. I think Liam put it well. The other thing is that those who do pot often have to hang out with those who do harder drugs, do to the moronic laws. That makes it easier. Yet, it still isn't as prevalent as Republicans tell you it is.

And incidentally, we got by just fine when acid was legalized. Sure, you'll have your Syd Barretts. But you have your Bon Scotts and John Bonhams too.

------------------
"I'm so happy cause today I found my friends. They're in my head." - Kurt Cobain
Lithium, Nirvana

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps