Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Attention Mac Users!

Author Topic: Attention Mac Users!
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You coulda been lucky!

Windows for Macs.

Or perhaps you were!

------------------
CONSUMER NOTICE:
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take the A/UX version...I can run Windows on Unix on a Mac!

(Actually, there are inexpensive Windows emulators these days anyway...)

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried Softwindows on macs I used to work on, and it was crap.

One of the best things to come along in recent years was the Power Mac...such that you can share things with the PC and not need to have Windows.

But I always thought that at least one of the ideas for using a Mac is that it offers an alternative to Gates' Evil Empire.

I guess now, he's after the Mac too.

------------------
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The newest versions of SoftWindows work very well, especially if you have a fast computer.

You could transfer Windows files to and from Macs several years before the PowerMacs, actually...

------------------
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank that quote reminds me of why they had to bring Optimus back, thanks!

------------------
Wheeelersburg Correctional Facility
Inmate #05301999

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Oh, that's nothing.

Ultra Magnus: "I know you're bored, Rodimus, but with the mantle of leadership come obligations."
Rodimus Prime: "I don't suppose I could interest you in a used mantle?"

Spike: "So, what do we do when the air runs out?"
Rodimus Prime: "Well, you have two choices...suffocate, or smother."

------------------

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a shame Rodimus was, though. And how sad that Magnus was up to snuff the Autobots would have never survived the last season if if it weren't for him

------------------
Inmate #05301999

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er..... I actually liked Rodimus Prime. Perhaps it was because of the Transformers movie (ahhh... those were the days)

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Completly off topic, but what the hey...

Me too. Optimus was just perfect. And dull.

At least Rodimus had some opportunity for character development. He wasn't perfect. And he transformed into a winebago!

And come on, Ultra Magnus? Mr 'I can't DEAL with that now!'? HE saved teh autobots in the last season? Bwahhh.

I think the fact that they were being attacked by an insane flipped out madbot probably had something to do with it...

See, instead of perfect good leader, evil perfect bad leader, we had unsure indecisive good leader, and mad as toast baddie. At elast that's different.

Still, I hate Windows too.

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And come on, he spoke down to Spike even when the twit was about to die.

Why couldn't it have been Daniel? (TF's Wesley, only without the intelligence. *shudders*)

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

Rodimus couldn't have beaten Bumblebee in a fight if it weren't for Optimus' spirit in his chest!

The difference between the two are like comparing Kennedy to Reagan or Clinton!

------------------
Inmate #05301999

[This message was edited by bryce on April 04, 1999.]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps