Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "What a lame flameboard..." continued (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "What a lame flameboard..." continued
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may as well throw my opinion on the whole matter in here... why not?

I think the air strikes are overall a good thing. Regardless of ulterior motives or anything else, the fact of the matter is that people are being slaughtered and I for one say that *every* other country outside of Yugoslavia should be doing everything in their power to stop it. Internal bickering between civillians is one thing, and intervention wouldn't be a prudent move. But when someone sends a legitimate army for the purpose of rounding up and killing men and boys of one ethnic group, they deserve to die. As to how to go about the stopping of the genocide... the air strikes are an important part, and I would be very hesitant to send in ground troops. I have a fair amount of confidence in the Apache helicopter, and if we can eliminate a sizable portion of the actual perpetrators, then I am for it. For that matter, I think its time to send a Tomahawk right up Milosonovabitch's ass.

The thing that makes me the maddest in this thing is the anti-Clinton business. Now, I don't love the man, but singling him out from all of NATO as the man to blame is rediculous. If I see on more shot on CNN of the guys with the "Clinton is a Nazi" sign, I'm gonna puke. Where are the "Blair is a Nazi" signs? Where are the "Schroeder is a Nazi" signs? And perhaps most importantly, where are the "Solana is a Nazi" signs? This is NATO's doing, and just because the U.S. plays a major role in it doesn't mean that Bill Clinton is a fascist bent on conquering the Balkans.

Speaking of watching CNN, I just love those Pentagon briefings. Ken Bacon cracks me up... sad, but true. If only all government spokespeople had such harsh sarcasm when dealing with the absolute stupidity of the press. Don't reporters generally reseach a topic before going to these press conferences? You couldn't tell by listening to the questions they ask...

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.