Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » NRA Restaurant (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NRA Restaurant
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And even illegally owned uzis and other submachine guns are arrely used in crimes. Oh, you see them a lot on TV, but that's 'cause it's TV.

Too many people in the 80's got their ideas about crime AND law enforcement from "Miami Vice."

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ponders shooting a squirrel with a 12 gauge*

HAHAHAHAHA.

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My father and I used to shoot grackles and starlings (destructive pest bird species, if you don't already know) with shotguns.

A close-range shot can practically vaporize one. Icky.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheerful.

But to go back (waaayy back) to the original point, er, WHY is the NRA opening a restaurant? I just don't see the connection. What has an organisation for rifle ownership/Satanic worshipping (delete as appropriate) got to do with yummy food? You don't see the NSPCC starting up cafe's in your local town, do you?

Or is this just because theUS is experiencing a restaurant shortage. Lord, imagine if you actually had to walk 30 paces before you could eat something. You all might keel over and die from starvation.

------------------
"A fully functioning, cybernetic, technologically advanced team of superheroes... and NOBODY'S got a flashlight?"
- Polly Ester; Samurai Pizza Cats

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I answered that in my first post, Liam.

------------------
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed." - Noah Webster, Author, An American Dictionary of the English Language

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Liam, you're right.

Now we can open a Klan restaurant on Times Square so we can suplant those negative "liberal" images of lynchings ect...with a kindler, gentler image of a caring civic organization.

No need for a bib with kids meals when you get the hood.

If the locals, liberals or not (which you just seem to assume they are), don't want an NRA restaurant in Times Square, I should imagine that all you anti-federal government types should support a local action to try and stop it.

Personally, I couldn't care less. Were it to be built it would not receive and orders for fries from me (I said FRIES not FIRE!)...just as that classy chain Hooters (sure it's about Owls) gets none of my business.

But then again, I'm sure someone will come up with some conspiracy that says the Clinton Administration is pulling strings to stop the restaurant from being built.

------------------
Oh, goody, the Sea Monkeys I ordered have arrived. Heh heh heh, look at them cavort and caper.
~C. Montgomery Burns

And be sure to visit The Field Marshal project http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net/

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Jay, your wrong, Hooters is a family restaurant.

------------------
If you don't believe in what I say or the God I speak of I guess you'll just have to meet me so the Lord and I can convert you.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't want to eat at an NRA restaurant either, or any theme restaurant for that matter. (Except of course a Star Trek one. Solidarity, brothers.) But I suppose they have as much reason to open one as a trio of supermodels do.

------------------
"Twentieth century go and sleep.
Really deep. We won't blink
Your eyes are burning holes through me.
I'm not scared I'm outta here.
I'm not scared. I'm outta here.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Please?

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooters must be the only family restaurant that gives raises with each breast implant then.

------------------
Oh, goody, the Sea Monkeys I ordered have arrived. Heh heh heh, look at them cavort and caper.
~C. Montgomery Burns

And be sure to visit The Field Marshal project http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net/

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, may I suggest that you may not have answered it to his satisfaction?

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Two Words: Planet Hollywood.

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus:

"Omega, may I suggest that you may not have answered it to his satisfaction?"

No. You may not. I will smite you if you even contemplate suggesting such a thing.

My explanation seems clear enough. The NRA has been given a false bad image. They are attempting to combat this image by opening a restaraunt, which will presumably have free brochures or something like that.

------------------
"To disarm the people [is] the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, American Statesman and Author of the Virginia Declaration of Rights (1776)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely the NRA couldn't be opening a restaurant simply because they think there's profit in it. Heavens no.

------------------
--
R.E.M.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'd really only be worth going to if you could shoot your own fowl, or goose or whatever the hell you're going to eat.

Like those places where you pick your lobster.

Hopefully someone will take the menu seriously and believe that a Heston burger is actually made of what it says it is.

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

"There's already a drink like that. Soylent Cola."

"Oh? What's it like?"

"It varies from person to person."

------------------
--
R.E.M.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps