Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Very obscure flame

Author Topic: Very obscure flame
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I hate those model companies that put ejector pin marks inside tank wheels!!

understand?

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, as a matter of fact, I don't.

This is an aptly-named thread.

------------------
Yo quiero Startrek!

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blimey RW, you really like to flame. Maybe you should chill to some jazz vibes?

------------------
"Those are tonight's headlines.....
God, I wish they weren't."
- Everyday THE DAY TODAY!

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

hee hee!

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, a wonderful idea Montgomery....RW, put some Miles Davis on, and you won't care about pin marks or anything else.

------------------
Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

~Pablo Picasso

RW
Member # 27

*clears throat*

On plastic model kits, ejector pins are used to push the plastic out of the mould. Otherwise, we would need cheap Philippine labour to use their fingers. This is all great, but these pins are in the mould and therefore their impression is formed in the plastic, either as a raised or recessed circular..thing. It needs to be removed, but when they are inside wheels or other awkward-to-reach places, they're a real nightmare to clean up. Manufacturers like tamiya www.tamiya.com with their advanced techniques, can avoid most of these problems. Manufacturers like dragon www.dragon-models.com or italeri www.italeri.com still suffer from some of these awkwardly placed marks.

This IS a pointless post isn't it? ;]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*nods slowly*

------------------
"Those are tonight's headlines.....
God, I wish they weren't."
- Everyday THE DAY TODAY!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*nods slowly and carefully backs away towards the door*

------------------
'Not the sponge, not the sponge!'
-Marty Crane

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Is already an ocean and half a continent away and filling out the change-of-address forms.]

------------------
Carpe Canem!

RW
Member # 27

Well, pin marks don't bite. They're just a bit annoying. Like mould shrinkage, flash, heavy seamlines, warping, and short shots!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure we all hate those things, in one context or another...

------------------
"I'll turn everything around and confuse you. I'll fix it so you can't remember what was true."
--
They Might Be Giants

RW
Member # 27

*update*

We started assembly yesterday, and the marks turn out to be on the inside faces of the wheels. Whee!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps