Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » *Smashes VCR and self with Hockey stick* (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *Smashes VCR and self with Hockey stick*
Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh. I knew I was going to be out last night, so I set my VCR to tape Penumbra. I explained to my family the importance of it, and why the VCR is NOT to be disturbed, even if armede bandits break in and demand it in exchange for our lives. I leave the house and perform the necessary duties, and gleefully returns home to watch it. And only then remember that I forgot to adjust for Daylight Savings Time.

Argh.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*freaks*
*runs over to his VCR and makes sure it's set to the right time...*
*PHEW*

Thanks for the warning...

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jaresh, its been a while, how ya been?

------------------
"Bickering is pointless." - Spock, Miri
"I'm real easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats." - Janeway, State of Flux

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something similar happened to me last Sunday. Only it wasn't with Star Trek. I was at work at the dorm info desk. I normally work the 4 am to 8am shift on Saturdays and Sundays, but since it was Easter (and since I give in so easily to women who plead) I took over part of her midnight to 4 am shift that same night. As it turned out, the guy who works the shift after me didn't reset his alarm. So I was working a God awful long time.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

[This message was edited by Siegfried on April 07, 1999.]

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing fine, Jeff. In fact, better than ever. I'm going to get a chance to tape it this weekend. And this time I'm NOT going to screw up. But I'll keep the hockey stick ready for action, just in case.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha! So that's why Futurama didn't record the other night. I thought I was losing my mind or something. Oh, wait...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My VCR automatically changes the time

------------------
"Those that can, do. Those that can't, laugh at those who can do."

- Xander from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine too, although I no longer trust the VideoPlus once I realised the BBC transmits go codes before its nauseating self-promoting trailers, to the effect of chopping off the end of the programme that follows. Grrr!

BTW, Welcome to the Flareboards Jaresh!
(Didn't it used to be Jarish?

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My VCR (and most current ones) can change the time automatically also, although I've found the feature is problematic.

------------------
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My worst nightmare. I just remembered that it's about the time of daylight savings this month, but I didn't remember when exactly. This came to me a couple of days ago when I was lying awake for two hours in my hard wooden bed in my little apartment in Taipei. I've got a whole week's worth of videotaping and they're practically ruined. I think I've got last week's DS9 taped before the time change. I hope I'll get home on Sunday night before the DS9 encore starts. Freakin' damn luck.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine changes automatically, although I usually have the setting disabled because otherwise it occasionally goes postal. . . The BBC's codes are useless. First of all, they don't use them on BBC1 at all - these are the PDR codes transmitted at the start ane end, so I got used to setting the video without adding time on the end; result: missing the last two minutes of every episode of The X-Files! Meanwhile, over on BBC2 I set DS9 and Buffy to tape (they're on one after the other) but have to remember to set the PDR to 'Off' otherwise it stops at the end of DS9! "Move Along Home" followed by NO BUFFY! AAAARGH!!! 8)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least you're lucky you're allowed to record something. I can't. I can record anything as long as it isn't Star Trek related. If it is, and they find it, they record over it.

This happened to my Dominion War Arc tape. And when I got mad, my mom said that I have no right to, and that it is a GOOD THING. I have not watched a single ep of Deep Space 9 this season.

I have no rights in my own home. And I'm 21.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Who invented this Biorythm-disturbing, annoying, pointless and crappy time change anyway??

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Farmers, or so I hear.

------------------

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Gates went back in time and created it so that when Windows automatically does the time change, the computers screw up and you have to get a technician to come fix it. Thus, making him even MORE money.

Or so I've heard.

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps