Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » *Smashes VCR and self with Hockey stick* (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *Smashes VCR and self with Hockey stick*
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If such a thing had happened in my house, it would have been tantamount to a declaration of War. No quarter, cry "havoc," scorched-earth, last-one-alive-wins, Thermonuclear &*%$ing WAR.

Of course, my parents understand that I'm willing to accept a phyrric victory, and that I'm JUST insane enough to guarantee any victory of theirs comes at a cost so high as to not make it worthwhile.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben Franklin was one of the first to come up with it...but I don't think he was alive when they instituted it.

------------------
"Bickering is pointless." - Spock, Miri
"I'm real easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats." - Janeway, State of Flux

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it has something to do with when the sun rises and falls in the summer. Adding an hour to the time makes the sun rise at 6:00am here and set at 8:00pm, and setting an hour back in the winter makes the sun rise at 7:00am and fall at 6:00pm. Something like that.

In english, you don't want the sun rising at 5:00 am in the morning that it wakes you up and you become so bleary eyed to come to school/work/whatever.

I never looked forward to this time change. All it boils down to is one less hour of sleep. I LOVE it when we set our clocks back zzzzzzzz......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.