Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » On the order of hate...

Author Topic: On the order of hate...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.godhatesfags.com/

These people really make me sick. Note one of their opening statements, "'GOD HATES FAGS' -- though elliptical -- is a profound theological statement, which the world needs to hear more than it needs oxygen, water and bread."

------------------
"Bickering is pointless." - Spock, Miri
"I'm real easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats." - Janeway, State of Flux

[This message was edited by Jeff Raven on April 08, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People like this were a big reason I decided to abandon my Christianity.

Another big reason being that whatever God DOES exist somehow doesn't see fit to smite people like the ones who run that website, and yet somehow manages to let people who really don't deserve it get most of the hurt in this life.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::sigh::

People like these really try my patience. But trying to convince them otherwise is a futile effort. Either they'll figure it out, or they'll irk us for the rest of enternity.

::sigh::

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

[This message was edited by Siegfried on April 08, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unfortunately, they have more options than that.
It's not all that small a step from pontificating on a website to actually DOING something nasty to the people you're preaching against, or encouraging others to do so. Much like that "nuremberg"-or-whatever website encourages people to go out and shoot abortion doctors.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If God didn't make Homosexuals, they wouldn't exist. Plain and simple. And God doesn't make things so that others can punish them.

Unfortunatly, this is a hard point to get across to the rest of the population. When I first tried to come out, my mother stopped talking to me... "You are going to hell, why don't you care about your soul? .. Why did you do this to me?" ...

But what my real father did as "punishment" was even worse.

People should not have the right to beat the shit out of people just because they don't agree with them. My brother and sister Wiccans were burned at the stake and hung in earlier years... Does God condone burning people at the stake? I don't think so.
Thou shalt not kill.

But it seems to me, that Christians forget this commandment whenever they feel the need to go out and kill something.

Why is that?

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest, I was thinking the same thing as I watched the footage of Matthew Shepard's funeral. These WBC people protested a gay man's funeral. But they weren't protesting at the jail where the two murderers were being kept. I may not be religious, but even I know that murder is covered in the commandments and homosexuality is not. And these Christians at that web site have a tribute to Matthew Shepard that just makes me want to resort to violence.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

They get around a lot of that by claiming that the actual commandment states "thou shalt not commit murder."

This, of course, opens the door to all sorts of definitions of "murder," and justifies the apparent contradictions in a God who tells His followers not to kill and then promptly leads them into a land wherein they kill every man, woman, and child.

So, any "God-sanctioned" murder (thou shalt not suffer a witch to live, putting homosexuals to death, et cetera) is not "really" murder.

Which any civilized human being would recognize as nonsense.

(By the way, the word used to mean "witch" in "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" is, in actuality, the word for "poisoner," which would give a translation an entirely different meaning.. but since "wicca" and its related religions were competition, the error was introduced and never corrected. And uncounted numbers of innocent people died as a result.)

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Somebody burn all the bibles in the world. You don't need it to be christian, and it only gets the world in trouble. Or pick the good passages and stories from the book and rewrite it without the dubious ones. PLEASE!

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I hate fags too - the cigarette ones!

Hey, it's a sick joke, but it could have been worse :\

StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked through history.

I saw the terrible doings that humans did in the name of god.

I saw how retarded the human race became because of religon.

I saw millions die in the name of god.

I saw science struggle as a black art in the face of religion.

I lost faith in everything but myself.

Chris G - 22/06/95

While a Liverpool University my wonderful wife became involved with a religious organisation (official part of the University).
Now known by myself as the God-Squad they tried EVERYTHING in order to prevent our relationship from continuing. They put myself and my now wife through hell.
In the end our love won them over, however they are a resident evil which still plagues the world.

I will never forget what they tried to do in the name of God, however I was a victim of their obsession.

I dont hate them - I Pity them

-nuff said-

------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps