Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Tachy/Vorlon situation

Author Topic: Tachy/Vorlon situation
Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I have ONE thing to say about this.
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT.
You are all PATHETIC individuals, and this has dragged on for what seems like ever. It tore things apart the first time with the Eclipse deal, it can only get worse.
Forget about the stupid fencking Akira mesh. In fact, DELETE it. Yes, that's right, delete the shitty thing, I don't care who pored how many hours in to it. If you delete it, will the scars of the tachy/vorlon incident(s) still be there? Yes, they will, but after deletion of this accursed thing NOBODY can claim it as theirs, because it won't be anymore. Then both parties, if they wish to make another, will have to do it by themselves.
I have one final thing to say:
LOOK AT YOURSELVES. You claim to be adults, well you know what? I know my little 5 year-old cousin has better diplomatic skills than the both of you times ten (of course it's on a much smaller scale, deciding who should get credit on a fingerpainting he did with a fellow student). The same principles apply.

So knock this shit off, grow up, all of you. I for one DON'T want to hear it, not even a small hint about it. No reference to it whatsoever, forget it, erase it from time!

------------------
"Truth is cheap, information costs."

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Furthermore, the fact that Mike Wright views Adam Heinbuch's (The_Vorlon) installment as a moderator (IF it happens) as a wedge between "our two groups" is idiotic. That should have absoluelt nothing to do with the continuing association with our two forums. Charles Capps is responsible enough to choose his own Moderators, and ultimately it is his decision. If Scifi-art chooses to use this as a tool for revenge, then so be it, it will be their disadvantage, and their loss. I seriously hope it doesn't come to that and they can get past this, because it's giving me a headache, it really is...

------------------
"Truth is cheap, information costs."

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These incidents have been pretty much the sole blemish on an otherwise VERY spotless record for me here in these forums. Seriously, in any other situation I have been behaved, controlled and mature in how I handled it and it has never spiraled so far out of control. But I freely admit, with Tachy I lose control and sink to his level. Thus, it stands to reason that keeping the hell away from Tachy should eliminate my only problem, yes?

Therefore, my opinion is that Tachy and Co should stay out of these forums completely. Why should they even need to come here? They have their own fully independent forum system with a population just as big as ours and all the forums we have here. Seeing how members in each forum have a violent and bloody history, it makes very good sense to keep the two groups separate as to avoid further problems.

*could make a comment about all the butt-kissing that goes on over there and not here, but decides against it*

Anyways, that's my stand on the matter. Keep both sides apart (I'm MORE than willing) and there will be no future problems and we can all get along happily.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

[This message was edited by The Vorlon on April 10, 1999.]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must agree with Vorlon. While I'll make no reference to the entire Akira copyright issue, Tachy can and should not make any sort of threats. If CC wants Adam as mod, then Adam will be a mod. Tachy shouldn't have anything to do with the decision. Frankly, if Tachy wants to manipulatee our forum government like this then screw Sci-Fi art and let's drive a damn big wedge between the two of us. They have their own forum, and they can stick to it and not meddle with what goes on here.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Even if CC does not make Adam a moderator, u can't count that as a victory on your part because we are in control of our own destiny here.

The wedge that will divide us is what we ourselves view things, not what we do in our own forums. leave what happens in our forums alone and not bring this into a war between forums.

How would u take it if I came into your home and started to tell u what to do and what I can't do in my own home??Would anyone take it kindly if I go over to any fourms and try and start a propaganda war to pressure their descions on things?

I think many here may not trust Adam but the thing is what we do with our own is none of your business.

Should have kept this thing private. But now that it is open lets try to keep to facts and try to tell the whole truth.

I propose any further transgression or disputes between the two fourms should be resolved privatley and with no public slander wars like the ones that wwere engaged between Tachy and Adam.
And the one of public attack or support for Adam in both fourms should not be engaged in.

I may still be considered a newbie by many here but I have been here long enough, since the first inception of UPII and BG. I have been around this community since March 98 when I ran into the UpI site. I beleive I am not out of line when I say all of this.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Katana
Ex-Member

So you are in fact condoning what Vorlon did because he is your Friend !

I never did anything to Vorlon, nor have I ever done anything to your "community" here, why are you driving your almighty sword of predjuce into my stomach!

I have lurked at the respective BG/STZ/SFCR/SE Forums as long or longer than most of you here, what the HELL gives you the right to say I have no business here !!!!!!!!

There is as much propiganda on both sides of this argument ... this thread is an example of it !

SciFi Art as a group has people in it that have never been a part of this VORLON/TACHY thing and have as much right to be here as anyone else in the general public.

Keep this crap between TACHY AND VORLON and leave the rest of us out of your biggoted arguments, I will not have MY access to this board threatned because I happen to be friends with someone you don't like!

I am not trying as a member of SciFi Art to tell you how to run your board, I am discussing as a long time member of THIS community (albit not a very active one, but two years +/- of lurking)

My apologies, I usually do not flame,
but this IS a flame board is it not !

Antagonist
Member # 76

Adam, regarding your first post:
I do not believe that driving a bigger wedge between us is necessary. true that Tachy should stay AWAY from these forums if he intends to mention the former incidents. However the members of the Scifi-art forum don't necessarily support the actions of it's founder. In fact many have suffered slurs as a result. katana, whom a I hope will forgive my unintentional offense, is an example.

As far as "butt-kissing," oh well. If the members of those forums decide to kiss ass to get in good with Tachy, then that's their concern, not ours. In fact, I would like to propose a new rule for the SolarFlre Forum System. Submitting messages containing any type of negative propaganda, containing slurs and material which aims to discredit people be striclty BANNED from this forum.

I realize that sometimes presenting this material as facts is necessary, but an example of commiting this is Tachy's post at the TNO forums, claiming that Adam Heinbuch was a flat out lier was the highest offense to moral standards I have ever witnessed. And the fact that he did not present his case in a civilized manner worsens it.

Similar to what Monkeyboy said, it is akin to a solicitation call at dinner time, trying to convince you of a presidential candidates superiority over another, trying to keep you on the line in hopes that you'll see their opinion, and using slurs.

------------------
"You can burn a man's house & possesions, you can kill his friends, his family, but the most dangerous man is one that has nothing left to lose."

Katana
Ex-Member

I just have to mention, that I do support Tachy 100 percent, he has never done anything but be kind and helpful to me. I sometimes do not agree with the way he reacts to things, but that is just his way ... he has a very agressive personality, as does Adam, and thus we have the Fiasco which is the Tachy and Vorlon show.

I just want to make the point clear, that even tho there are conflicts between some of the key people on these boards, there are many who are neutral on both sides, and need not be brought into the conflict. It is a good idea that the more passionate of the posters on either side of the fence as it were refrane from visiting the opposing board and it is my sincere hope that this will end the saga.

------------------
*Engage lurking field.*

MikeW
Ex-Member

Well you've all ready broken that rule. This very thread is a negative form of propaganda against US. Its not fair, but who gives a fuck about fair, in a minute I'm going to go back to my little forum (which you've all been banned from), and gloat about my 500,000+ hits a month and huge user following and simply laugh. But I do feel a sense of pain, that you're eyes have been covered by the lies this guy is feeding you. The mere fact that you ACTUALLY BELIEVE Tachy STOLE Adam's Akira mesh is testimate to that. I remember a verse in the bible that says "Don't throw pearls to swine." So why bother with you all. Feel free to attack my and my friends all you wish. But beware, there are those out there who will be skeptical to your lies. You're part of a dieing breed, of an empire that once fed on fear and manipulation of others. I can assure you, that legacy will soon be forgotten.

------------------
"Maybe we should call in a bomb threat to Houston, I hear its free bear night at the Astrodome." - Fox Mulder

Pedro
Ex-Member

I should probably stay out of this, but I feel I need to jump in here.

I too take great offense at being lumped in as part of "tachy and crew". I am me, Tachy is Tachy, I am an individual who is part of both of these groups. Regardless of what you might think, my voice is my own. My contribution to each group(and to Trek info on the internet in general) has certainly not been a small one, and to suggest that I should stay out of this forum because of the Akira incident is ludicrous. Not to 'toot my own horn', but this would be a loss for everyone here who's interested in starships. Adam, how many bits of information and pictures do you think I've posted that you have benefited from? Perhaps I should have taken my entire website down when I originally found the Commrelay because I discovered that someone had posted a bunch of my pictures there and showed up to complain about it? I think not. Admittedly, I handled that in a much more diplomatic fasion than Tachy did this situation, but it was you who begain the whole thing this time, with full knowledge of Tachy's 'non-diplomatic' personality.

Antagonist, you seem to be missing the point here. We DID delete the Akira that Adam worked on and build a new one, which is the one he stole. He has exactly nothing to do with the model in question, other than having stolen it.

Let's look at a hypothetical situation here: I have recently completed a very nice looking Spacedock mesh. Let's say someone from these forums get's their hands on it, I get peeved and post a nasty note about it here. By your logic, I should delete it. Thus, the person who did wrong has the cool model, whereas I, who have spent many hours laboring over it, have nothing but wounded pride. If you had any concept of the amount of work it takes to make something like this you would see how rediculous this seems. Adam should delete the mesh (HAVE you deleted it Adam?), and the Scifi-art folks should keep and enjoy it.

The only reason anyone is discussing it here right now is that CC asked for the opinions of this forums users, who requested more information about the occurences. No one from the Scifi-art forums brought this up, they only posted the information which had been requested, and in a surprisingly non-aggressive fasion, I might add.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a contributor to both forums, as I enjoy both. There exists both great people in both of them, and that is why I am a member of both. None of your opinions will change mine, for I go on what I see, on what I read, rather than what others think. By saying such things as "Tachy and Co. should stay out of these forums" is like denying an entire population of people from here, me included. Judge me because I go to the SciFi Forums? I will not stand for it. Grouping people together like that is EXTREMELY wrong.

Really, I'm sick of the name calling and bickering. Its all pointless. I've looked at this entire menagerie as objectively as I could, and its frustrating that I could not get people to see as I do.

BTW, I think Charles was right in getting this out in the open. Opening an old wound it may be, but one needs to open it to heal, instead of letting it fester. Lets hope this is as ugly as it gets.

------------------
"Bickering is pointless." - Spock, Miri
"I'm real easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats." - Janeway, State of Flux

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me, Mike, we've been WHAT from your forum? Do you see ME banning YOU from here?!

*SIGH* I wanted open debate on this subject, but not this. It is a rare day when a flameboard topic gets closed.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps