Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Who is going to win the election? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who is going to win the election?
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering who will win the US president elections today? Personally, i think it will be George W Bush.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaresh Inyo

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my feeling are quite clear =)

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff is right. I am hoping for full Democratic control of the Administration and Congress. Of course, if I am wrong in my decesion, ad the country falls apart, then I will benefit also.

Actually, with the lines of work I am in, I win no matter which one wins. Hey, this is a nice feeling.....

------------------
I see a red door and I want it painted black

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be happy with just the White House ...

What line of work are you in, Ritten?

Hitman?
Government Black Ops?

The only thing that would effect me (financially) is the tax cut ... but I pay so little taxes to begin with, whats an extra two or three dollars a week?

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 07, 2000).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the Rent-to-Own during the days, so a poor economy will allow the owner of the chain I work for to expand, as people won't be able to pay for things, being unemployed and all. A store in Lapeer or Bad Axe would probably be mine, giving be a pay raise and bigger bonuses.

A booming economy will increase the income of my gfs web design and hosting company, which I dop most of the work for, but since my divorce sin't final I have it in her name. Although I do more PC repair and upgrades than anything else these days.
I also work with another guy in doing home remodeling, so if people can spend more

A so-so economy will not change anything, I will still be comfortable. So any change will be good.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush leads in all major polls except MSNBC's "Zagvi" (sp?), and in some is ahead by as much as 9-10 points.

If Bush wins and keeps his promise, I will pay no taxes. If Gore wins, my taxes will stay the same or increase.

If I had the money now that I pay on Federal Income Tax each year, I could afford to rent an apartment for myself and Julia.

Bush.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its spelled "Zogby"

And guess what? The Voter.com polls do internal polling for both Gore and Bush... And they're more accurate than the publicly released ones cuz the campaigns pay more for the accuracy.

Word is both the internal polling for Bush and Gore show Bush with almost 300 electoral votes.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

232 is not "almost 300", Jeff

And Voter.Com is also saying its too close to tell.

How much do you pay in tax? I mean, a one-bedroom apartment around here runs for about $700 alone (no utilities), so maybe the question is, how much do you make?

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 07, 2000).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Dang, JeffK, where the hell do you hail from again? Here we have a 3 bedroom house for $575.00, for $8,000.00 down and $600.00 a month you can buy a house on a 10 year land contract.

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zogby hasn't been all that accurate lately. Seven point swings destroy credibility.

Under any circumstances, the two polls that called the '96 election right are Battleground, from the Terrance Group, and Portrait of America, by Rasmussen Research. The rest had Clinton ahead by 20 points, when he won by six. PoA has Bush up by nine points. The internal polling has Bush ahead in California, Florida, and Michigan.

This election is Bush's.

------------------
Francesca: He was born on the tundra, that's where he belongs. You'll kill him if you take him to Toronto.
Thatcher: That's a bit drastic, don't you think?
Francesca: Look, I've been to Toronto. Trust me, nothing can survive there. - "due South"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I'm not American, I still hope for Gore to win, though I think Bush will be the winner.
I just don't like Bush all that much. He seems to be one heck of a conservatist and he's also quite nationalistic and he is *the* archetypical NRA-"It's the hand on the trigger that kills"-American-Redneck sort of guy..

------------------
"Dynamics is like playing hockey with a flexible hockey stick"
-My Physics teacher
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

When I was in the Army my 9mm never killed anybody, I watched it for years.

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to post some stuff in response to Omegas other comments in the Liberalism thread. But since the election is here, my points are probably moot.

I'd like to see Bush maintain a stable social security net with all his Tax Cuts, but I remain skeptical.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could rent a small apartment for between $250-350 a month. Remember, I live in an economically depressed area, so rent's lower, too. In fact, I could probably rent my grandmother's house from my parents for as much or less, if it wasn't for the fact that I'd be living with Julia. Oh, well.

If I paid zero Federal Income taxes, I would have a bit over $2000 extra at the end of the year, or enough for around 10 months of rent. I could come up with the other 2 months, simply by not eating out for lunch and dinner, like I usually do, and perhaps not subscribing to as many comic books.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps