Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Rose-tinted brains (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Rose-tinted brains
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did? I was very confused as well...

Okay, paradoxes within paradoxes! Yikes!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol, you had a drunken bacchanal at your hotel and didn't invite me! Shame on you.

------------------
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is convinced that no-ones taught Sol how to drink properly*

Of course, who you drink with is important. If they're twats, drink won't make it any more fun. On the other hand, drinking with mates can lead to much hilarity as you relate stories that occured last night, to everyone elses disbelief. Or something.

All the US guys come over to my house, and I'll show you a good time.

Er, that sounds funny.

BTW< to requote...

'On the other hand, a drug thread should be taken to the flameboard.

Oh wait...'

Yo usee the 'oh wait' part. That was the joke. Sorry for not putting a smiley in, but I thought it was obvious. I shall now get stoned.

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*apolgizes to Liam for the misunderstanding*

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*repeats* "I knew that Liam knew" ....

Okay? .. *L* .. I was making fun anyways!

YEESH, people!

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew that you knew that I knew.

Er, who am I again?

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'll ask not at what age Americans start drinking, cos that varies from person to person. I will ask what you drink.

Now do you drink that diluted water you all call beer? *g*

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I was diagnosed, I don't drink ANYTHING....

BEFORE that .... I drank Vodka. Straight up. I also drank Whiskey, Scotch, and Rum. Wine occasionally. But mostly Vodka. I love that stuff.

The beer in America is nasty. I personally prefer the [insert edit here]darker[/edit] British brews myself.

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

[This message was edited by Jubilee McGann on April 07, 1999.]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus, I am a beer snob and I consider much of American beer to be swill, watered down water as it were. Unfortunatly I am very lonley in that opinion.

When it comes to American beer, there are some very well done Micro brews...Anchor Steam and Sierra Nevada both out of San Francisco come to mind.

However, fine as these may be, my particular tastes run toward the darker ales of the British sort. Indeed, one of my personal favorites is Newcastle Brown Ale (yummy). Bass also produces a fine brew. And Guinness is a stout that curls the toes and teases the taste buds. I was personally turned off by beer (American stuff) until a professor bought me a Bass Ale in our school pub (he in fact used to hold class on occasion in the pub, and believe me the stories got even better with each sucessive pint.)

I will pass on a little story about beer drinking in America however. We went to a German restaurant for a banquet once with all the professors of my department. This restaurant is owned by a nice German fellow who of course stocks some very fine German beer. Well, professors drink like there is no tomorrow, so going around the table the majority order the fine German stuff, till we get to the guy who shocks us all and orders a Bud. I wanted to throw a fork at him.

------------------
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*writing from the other side of the globe*

I can sympathize with those in the UK, actually. I'm on vacation in Taiwan this week, and the people here smoke like crazy. No one in my family actually smokes, but the first thing I smelled when I got out of the airport was car exhaust and cigarrette smoke. It's especially bad when people smoke in the elevator and leave the smell after them.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is impressed that Jay is wise in the ways of the Broon Ale*

Went to my favourite (local) Tex-Mex restaurant last night, discovered they didn't have a non-smoking area - and this is a place where food is eaten! What am I meant to do, there's nowhere else around here I can get Negra Modelo. . .

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Really Lee? How do you survive?

3 pints of Fosters...
then a random selection of Vodka/Red Bull
Southern Comfort/Coke
Jack Daniels/Coke
G & T
Tequilla
By that point, pretty much anything liquid.
Then Opium.

------------------
-Stewart Lee

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Well, American tastes in beer is really quite disappointing. To point a fact, there is a cool place just south of me called the Goathill Tavern. Well, the Goathill has like 140 or so beers on tap; some local micro brews, dozens of micro brews from all around the western states, and really good European beer.

So, care to guess what the most popular beer is?
Coors Light!

Life is too short to drink bad beer.

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink Dr. Pepper. Straight up with ice. Sometimes Diet Dr. Pepper, too. I can easily plow through a six-pack in the course of a day.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

YES! Dr Pepper. The much maligned soft-drink.

You've got to try it to love it, ya see?

------------------
-Stewart Lee

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.