Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » First Gunman of Bush Jr. Admin (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First Gunman of Bush Jr. Admin
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I support the IRA over the IRS, because at least they are trying to get what everyone wants, freedom for their way.... Although I'd perfer the lack of blowing each other to bits....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather be audited, than blown up by a car bomb in a school bus. I think. Except if it's those snot nosed "Vanier" high school punks. Thinking they're hot stuff, with their jackets and their little viking mascot, ooh, YEAH? WELL OURS IS SOME SORT OF TWIRLY TORNADO DEAL!! AND IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY!! BLOW YOU AWAY!!!!

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Right
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The IRA are nothing but a band of terrorists who need to be dragged out into the street and shot in the back of the head.

Um, wait, that was supposed to be IRS .. the most effective of the Law Enforcment Agencies! Brought down Capone

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody else notice how the press is making a big deal out of the fact that the secret Service shot this guy, even though they didn't kill him? Like, some of them are asking "why'd you have to shoot him?" As if the obvious response wasn't "he was waving a gun around wildly and pointing it at our White House, you idiot!"

But there wasn't this much interest a few years back when they shot a guy to death who only had a knife...

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, First, I didn't notice that at all. Then again, maybe it's cuz the media hates the Republican Party and wants to dump all Republicans into a big black cauldron and boil them alive, huh? Honestly, except for a quick blurb on the radio this morning, I haven't heard ANYTHING about the topic at all today.

I am susprised that he was shot in the knee, however. So much for saying that you've got to "shoot to kill" because shooting an arm or leg is too hard to hit though, huh?

I think if people are questioning the shooting, it might be in the vein of, "you talked to him for 15 minutes and THEN shot him?" Now, when the USSS completes its investigation and releases more info, (meaning we've got more knowledge of the situation), we might find out the dude was about to try and run onto the White House grounds, in which case the action would be clearly justified. I think some people now just think the USSS agent just decided "fuck it" and shot the dude. Now, I'm certain that's not what happened, but no one on this BBoard (unless they're DC Police, Park Police, or Secret Service), knows exactly what happened, so maybe we should not speculate?

President Bush, as I understand it, was far away from the suspect. Even if the man had fired, the most that would've happened is a touch up on the W.H. There are (as I understand it), conflicted reports as to whether or not the suspect had opened fire or not. Simply pointing a gun at the W.H. doesn't seem reason enough to shoot him, as First suggests.

I don't know what you're talking about, shooting the guy with the knife. If you're referring to the incident at the Lexington Market in Baltimore a few years back, where a police officer shot and killed a suspect waving a knife around, the media did make a very big deal of it. The police were sued by the suspect's family, IIRC.

On the other hand, in Howard County, the same thing happened and nothing came of it. Drunk came at cop with knife, cop fired one round into chest, drunk died. Cop was cleared, and is back on duty. Except for a blurb in the Columbia Flier and a quick mention on the news, there was no mention of it.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 08, 2001).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, this guy with the knife was apparently a different incident at or near the white house.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. Actually, I don't think this one has been being made a big deal of it. Lot of fuss about it yesterday, but I haven't heard much of it today at all.

I just wanted to point out that I know of two such knife-wielding incidents both with the same result, one of which resulted in massive (albeit local) coverage, the other in no (again, local) coverage.

I wonder how many times stuff like this happens and word just doesn't get out? I don't think the Secret Service would like to advertise just how many times a week they get somebody in the act of doing stuff.

Really, the only four occasions I remember recently are rather major.

a) Pilot crashes onto White House Lawn. Not an assassination attempt, but it still makes papers.

b) Gunman gets onto White House Grounds before being killed/subdued by Secret Service.

c) Gunman fires on White House before being killed/subdued

d) Gunman subdued outside White House after being shot in the knee.

I mean, of these, all three of the actual assassination attempts have had guns, which is a greater threat than a knife.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I support the IRA over the IRS, because at least they are trying to get what everyone wants, freedom for their way.... Although I'd perfer the lack of blowing each other to bits...."

Oh dear God. Ritten, please say that you're joking, because othewise you've just said one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, everyone knows the IRS is much more feared than the IRA.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got to remember that this is the same guy who said "...the US does more on this planet than any other...", so I don't know, make of that what you will.

Of course, that "supporting the IRA" comment was pretty far out.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in a good mood as of late, being that my two weeks of unemployment are to end on Monday and my friend and I are about to get is awning company started.
The honest part was the lack of the bombings....
------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited February 08, 2001).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, what?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Back to the subject.

Actually, it's funny ... a storeowner in Mt. Vernon, Balt. was robbed and killed by one of his employees, and that's gotten a lot more press than the Bush gunman.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Ritten, WTF are you saying about the Rah?
Please explain yourself.

Or else we'll drill through the backs of your kneecaps. I meant "they'll". Yes.

*BRRBRBRBRBRBRBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that G.W.Bush was looking for funiture to hide under during the shooting, but the Clintons had taken it all.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps