Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Christian rant (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Christian rant
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Christians are ignorant. See Bryce for details.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Some christians at least. See Bryce for details.

RW
Member # 27

And if anyone should ban me for saying this, please explain how bryce gets away with what he says.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sense a giant padlock coming over this thread in a little while. Fire in the hole!

*dives under bed for cover*

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, RW!
------------------
Wheeelersburg Correctional Facility
Inmate #05301999

[This message was edited by bryce on April 12, 1999.]

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jedi Weyoun: I agree with you on your intelligent design theory.
The only problem is that if you ask ppl one of the reason they don't belive in the Judo-Christian-Islamic god is cause they can't handle the 7 days bit. That is why I believe it, and if you go back in the thread you should see that I said the same thing you did in an early post. I just use the verse that says, 'time is meaningless to God'(para.) and explain that 7 days could be a few million years.

------------------
Inmate #05301999

RW
Member # 27

OK what?

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

OK, I'm an idiot.

Just please reread CC post; for your own well being, OK.

btw, I'm trying my best to have an intelligent dicussion on the matter. I felt like Tora was basically asking for a Christian to answer the questions. I have tried my best to answer the questions that followed in a calm, intelligent manner.
------------------
Inmate #05301999

[This message was edited by bryce on April 12, 1999.]

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm throwing my support behind Weyoun. And RW, that was out of line. Painting everyone with such a large brush will only cause problems. And, quite frankly, your second post didn't do much to lessen the meaning of the first one. If you want to correct yourself, why don't you just edit the post? Or was that a deliberate attempt to start a fight? I hope not, since this thread should be under lock and key before to long, anyway.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A calm and intelligent manner? You basically slammed Jubilee without so much as an apology. You have proclaimed all homosexuals to be broken and in need of fixing. I don't see this as being a calm and intelligent discussion anymore. It's filled with a lot of personal attacks now (and yes, I am writing this in regards to RW's latest posts, too).

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem*
If you edit those messages, I'll kindly look the other way, RW.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bryce is entitled to his opinion, as is RW.

And Bryce has been calm and intelligent. Just because he has a different view on things doesn't mean he's trying to antagonize anyone.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Robot: "Hey, I'm stuck up here!"
Cyclonus: "Everybody's got to be somewhere."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank's right. You may disagree with his views on homosexuality, but he's just saying what he believes in. I disagree with them, but what he said about Jubilee is more to do with a lack of tact than wanting to be deliberatly offensive. RW on the other hand WAS stirring. Bryce stated why he thought those things, RW didn't.

Personally, I was raised Catholic, but prefer to refer to myself as Christian. I don't believe in the Church's view on many thigns, such as divorce. I think divorce is bad, but often neccessary. I think that in many ways life would be simplir if homosexuality didn't exist, but it does. It's not something that can be changed, it is not good or bad. It simply is.

And Jedi Weyoun (always have to be better than everyone else don't we ) descibed my views on creaation theory perfectly. RW, he pretty much proved that Christians aren't ignorant and can express their views in calm rational and intelligent ways. If you disagree, say how.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As one who's been there and done that, I thought I'd toss my own opinion in the ring, if you all have the patience to read it through.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm a Christian, but by no means the sort in Tora's first post. I'd also like to point out to Jeff that it's not true that homosexuals can't change who they are.

I, for one, (I'm gonna disagree with Bryce here, but agree with him later) was born bisexual and just over a year ago was freed from that. Until you experience first hand what it's like to be set free from something you yourself are incapable of changing, it's a completely undescribable event. Like Bryce said, it takes a lot of prayer and time and God CAN override genetics. Simply put - after a few weeks that was no longer an issue in my life. I am, and continue to be straight, and no, I'm not just hiding my sexuality. This is me.

Sorry to contradict you Jubes (and a few others), but God didn't make anyone this way. That's like saying that God lets people get cancer and He lets people starve to death everyday. Bad things happen, but God isn't the one responsible for it. I think that is the hardest part for all people (Christians and non-Christians alike) when considering this faith. Let me be the one to say that God loves you all, and you are sadly mistaken if you think He is behind the crap in our lives.

And yes, Jeff FAITH is the major key to the whole thing. Faith is beleiving in that thing you can't see and the things you simply cannot explain. I can't see the wind, but I still know it exists.

Oh and Weyoun, I beleive in Intelligent Design as well. RW, I resent being called ignorant, thank you muchly.

Also, I'd love to personally field ANY questions anyone may have...feel free to ICQ me or drop me and email.

And for those of you that miss me, I should be back here regularly by the end of the month.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, any thread that brings Dani out of exile is a very good thread indeed.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.