Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Christian rant (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Christian rant
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to note... When Dani came to us back then (by 'us', I refer the group of friends we had then) and told us this news, we were nothing less than outraged... Despite what she says, I still do not believe that homosexuality can be 'cured' by any means whatsoever. Does it NEED 'curing'?

Also just to note, I am sort of 'in favor' of what is being called Intelligent Design, despite the fact that I'm sorta on the athiest-side of being agnostic.

One last note. Jedi Weyoun is a woman. Thought you might want to know.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jedi Weyoun,

Cool, another Newsboys fan...
The only reason I included the Breakfast quote for was as a closer (ie, I couldn't think of anything else to say, and I wanted to emphacise the last line of it). Yes, I agree with you that God may have made those molecules collide. All I know is that he spoke and it all happened.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever read "The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer? We are going over this book in the Monday morning Bible study at my church. You might also be interested in the fact that I'm considering entering the ministry as a chaplain in the US Military.

RW, you are out of line. WAY THE HECK OUT OF LINE! Christians are not ignorant (and yes, I saw your 'correction' about only some of them being that way). Let me re-emphacise the last line of that part of the song that I poster earlier, "THEY DON'T SERVE BREAKFAST IN HELL."

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CC,

Who's to say it CAN'T be cured?

Oh by the way, why should we care if Jedi Weyoun is a woman? I'm just curious as to why you told us.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note to Charles:

I didn't like that part of me. Bisexuality was not what I beleive God wanted for me, nor was it particularily something I wanted for myself.

That's why I asked for the prayer and counselling, not because I was told by my pastor that what I was doing/thinking/etc was wrong.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably cause I called her a 'he'. Sorry.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pleased wih where this thread has went, to say the least. Yet this will probalby be my post here.

I an reminded of a verse that some of you might know that has to do with the disciples going out to the towns. For this reason I am no longer going to debate the matter. If any of you want to continue, go ahead. Bye

(hint: the passage also had to do with wiping off dust.)

------------------
Wheeelersburg Correctional Facility
Inmate #05301999

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to say, it is a rare day when TOC states his opinion...

*marks this on the calendar*

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[The following is written from a Christian perspective. Intolerant persons may wish to avert their eyes until the next reply. Apologies for the length of this one.]

I have avoided saying anything in this thread thus far because I like and care about everyone here, without regard to age, gender, gender-preference or non-preference ( ), race, or planet of origin.

It is very difficult for some people to think of what you do and who you are as two different things. Someone who steals is a thief. Someone who wears leathers, grows a beard and rides a Harley is a Biker. A person who feels sexually attracted to another person is a homosexual.

Each of these people, however, is something very precious. They are people, loved by God. How can you harm them without incurring the wrath of God?

With very few exceptions, I have been pleasantly surprised every time I overcame my phobias and preconceptions long enough to get to know someone I did not understand.

[Grins at Jubilee McGann, one of my newest friends.]

Tora Ziyal, you have three choices:

1. Remain silent and allow what is happening in your church to continue unopposed.

2. Leave that church and find another.

3. Confront the members of your church with their error. (And brace for impact! )

That last option is the hardest. Jesus confronted the Pharisees with the fact that they had so ritualized Judaism that it no longer meant anything. They hated him so much for exposing them as frauds that they had him killed.

I doubt your church group will put out a contract on you if you rebel against their inability to distinguish people from their behavior, but they will dfinitely not like it. Nobody likes to be told they're wrong, especially if they have convinced themselves that God Himself has endorsed their position.

They're still wrong.

One thing to keep in mind if you choose option three is that we interact best one-to-another. Choose a friend who believes as you do and confront the members of your church one at a time, starting with the pastor. Point out that the church's stand against behavior is turning into hatred for people. BTW, I will not blame you if you choose option 2. Confrontation is risky.

--Baloo

------------------
Don't call me a Yank.
I prefer to be referred to as a "Pull with a Sudden Movement".

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*L* *bows to CC for the clarification* PsyLiam: No problem, really *L* it's not the first time I've been the subject of a case of mistaken identity. It's fairly reasonable to assume I'm a guy, given the name *L* No harm done--I hadn't even noticed. Seems we have a bit in common though--I was born and raised Catholic as well, and still go to a Catholic church, partly b/c that's simply what I'm used to, but also it's just where I seem to fit in more. But I, too, prefer simply to call myself a Christian, for several different reasons, some of which you quite possibly share :-) It's nice to find people who agree with me so much! *L*

Enterprise: Newsboys fan?? YOU BET!! What stinks is that the LAST STOP on their tour is in my hometown, the last day of exams--but I go to an out of state school and won't be back by then....*sniffles* I wanted to see them SO badly! Ack! Oh well....there's always CD's and radio. Anyway...back to the topic. (If I can avoid getting whiplash from such a quick turn *LOL*)
I haven't heard of that book, no...sounds interesting though. I'll try and find it this summer, I think :-) Thanks. And as for joining the military as a chaplain--MORE POWER TO YA, BRO!! That is SO awesome.

Bryce: Should you return (and I hope I can recapture what I said the first time I tried to post this, because I made a stupid error and lost it all *L*)I applaud you, sir. You have indeed held these discussions in a calm manner
What you said about the concept of 7 days for Creation being a reason for people not to believe in God, seems to lend support to the idea I stated about Intelligent Design. Being able to explain it in a rational way, rather than believing simply because it was written that way, would seem to make the concept easier for a non-believer (or even believers, ie, myself) to accept. Just my perspective, however Sorry to see you go, amigo--you added to this discussion, whether we all quite agreed with you or not. Go with God. :-)

RW: The reason that Bryce's statements were accepted is because they were stated in a kind manner, and his intention was unoffensive enlightenment. He did not jump down anyone's throat. You could learn a lesson, perhaps, from an "ignorant Christian"...which he has proven he is not.

Baloo: AMEN!!! *cheers, jumps up and down, and temporarily looses her mind* Oh...*puts brain back in slot that reads "insert mind here* *blushes* *L* Very good point you have here: "Each of these people, however, is something very precious. They are people, loved by God. How can you harm them without incurring the wrath of God?" That is something that has total, and complete relevance to this--THANK YOU for stating it like that *L* :-)

Well, what I have here seems to be yet another long post...I apologize...I just have a tendency towards wordiness, I know...as have all of my professors for whom I right papers (but we won't disclose when wordiness becomes...erm...spacefilling *L*) Keep up the discussion people Remember we all have feelings though. Adios.

posted my email and ICQ this time--if anyone would like to talk off the forums, I'd love to hear from you. TTFN)

Jedi Weyoun
"Let no one have contempt for your youth, but set an example for those who believe, in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity" 1 Timothy 4:12

------------------
**The Light only shines in the dark, and sometimes innocence is just an excuse for the guilty**

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fun with logical progression:

The whole point of sexuality is to further the species.

Homosexuality kind of defeats the whole point, then.

Thus, as Jeff mentioned, it must be a form of population control. I.e., since it does seem to be genetic, homosexuality is nature's way of getting rid of people (well, people who would theoretically eventually be around) without actually killing anyone off.

There's nothing wrong with homosexuals, then, as long as they don't reproduce.

Again, this is just a logical progression. It agrees with my opinion in some ways and disagrees in others.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps