Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "curing" homosexuals (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "curing" homosexuals
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, well that part's all right then.
No more for me tonight, it's been a long past several days, and I'm going to sleep. I'll check back later.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, okay, maybe one more
*after I saw there was more posted while I was typing*

1.) Don't you think it's a tad presumptuous to say that "we" are Christians, which makes it seem as though you are claiming to speak for ALL Christians?

2.) Sorry if I bugged you, Jubes.

3.) I don't believe in your type of God, and now you want me to accept Demons, too?

4.) There's an inherent contradiction in saying that someone "controlled" has "free will." That's what I meant. The same contradiction occurs when you try to explain angelic (or demonic) interference in events on Earth, both are violations of "free will." as is "prophecy", which is saying that something MUST happen, whether or not anybody wills it.

Here's a forinstance.. suppose I'm the "Antichrist." By the Book, I'm supposed to be Human. Therefore, I have free will. and yet, by the same Book, I MUST do these specific things to bring about Armageddon. Therefore I cannot have free will. This creates a huge paradox.

(btw, if I WERE the Antichrist, - and as far as I know, I'm NOT - I would think that not doing ANY of the things I'm supposed to do would be the BEST way to thwart God's plans..)

The rest of you can mull that over. I'm going to bed for real this time.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa!

-gotta go to bed soon too-

I meant 'we' as in 'we, christians,' not we, all ppl here on Earth.

We are 'controlled' by a side (good vs. evil- God vs. Satan). We have the freewill to choose which side to be on, Although going from the control of Satan is harder than leaving God for Satan.

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, it is not you, but the turns these threads over the last few days have taken. That's all. You personally havn't bugged me, so don't worry.

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe there is Satan. I think it's just something humans made up, a black in a world of gray, and something people can hate.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, first of all, a warning.

Do NOT click on the following link if you are easily offended in any way, or have a low tolerance for humor that many would describe as crude. The following link, while I consider it uproariously funny, could be viewed as pure demon-inspired evil. This is from The Onion, if that helps describe the possible nature of the piece. The headline is rather descriptive too.

Church Group Offers Homosexual New Life In Closet

Remember, it's not for kids.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a strong beleiver in christ but I do beleive that there is an evil being opposite of God.

To not beleive in the mere exsistence of him means that he has won(satan) cause he can work in hidding withno one to no what is real happening.

Oh and the idea that some people are born being controlled by evil and some to good is laughable.
It sounds almost like what the church was preaching in the middle ages. I forgot what church taught this but it was after the 72 decrees by Luther. This seperate christian church preached that even before u are born, those who will go to heaven have already been predetermined by the falling sparks of good that fall to the earth and inhabit some of the choosen.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol, you are a sick, sick, little man. Where do you GET this stuff?!

*L*

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, monkeyboy, its 95 theses...hehehe.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

G'morning...

*assuming we accept the existence of God, the Devil, etc.*

Since "God" is maker and shaper and ruler of all the Universe(s), omnipotent, omniscient and undefeatable, any thing that exists must exist according to His will. Since, quite easily, "god" could obliterate anything He desired to rid the universe of. (Part of the perks of being all-powerful)

Therefore, all things Evil MUST exist in accordance with "God"'s will, including His Adversary, especially since "God" created "the Devil" in its entirety. (yes, I know, the Bible says iniquity was "found" in Lucifer... do you think it grew there by itself, or that Licifer Created it? the potential MUST have always been there, so we know who placed it there.)

An omnipresent "Subtle Spirit" would still be capable of preventing all forms of evil, so we must reject that argument.

"Free will" does not apply to non-choice-based suffering such as that caused by birth defects, disease, and natural disasters, so we must reject that argument as well.

In fact, the only reasonable answer to the Problem of Evil is if we accept a Duality of "God," that is, a God which is both Good and Evil in one (a conclusion actually supported by some scraps of scripture which I unfortunately do not have handy). This is also the only adequate explanation for a God who occasionally does unpleasant things like incite His followers to commit genocide, intentionally confuse people, and deliberately and repeatedly "harden pharoah's heart" after the guy had already agreed to let the Israelites go.

But then, such a God wouldn't NEED a separate Devil, would He?

Of course, Satan's OT function as man's fault-finder is clearly different from the picture in which he is painted today, but that's generally widely ignored.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is a "God," there needs to be an "anti-God" to balance things out.

But, then, if "God" does exist, I wish he would show up and prove it.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you could say:

'He created the universe? What more proof do you want you winging little twat? I'd like to see you top the creation of everyone and everything., especially in less than a week.'

Or not.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

I'll have to go with "or not."

Oh, I also wanted to say that this concept that some people are "controlled by evil" sounds to be a great deal familiar to another "body-controlled by evil" belief...

The old belief (which some old fools still cling to even today) that the left side of the body was "controlled by the Devil," and that therefore people who favored their left hand were somehow in league with Satan. This belief led to verbal and physical abuse of many a left-handed person... as probably some southpaws here can attest.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*takes a breath to calm down*

Okay, there we go.

If some almighty, all-loving 'supreme being' created us all, then I think this means that he created every aspect of us, even our genes.

If this 'supreme being' loves us and we're created in his own 'image', then being gay is perfectly normal.

I'm not going to defend any certain view, but I will say one thing...

I don't believe in God. As far as I am concerned, He does not exist, and never has. If he loved us and all he created, our world would not have the pain and suffering it does.

Nothing can change my opinion, except for God himself appearing before me and changing who and what I am.

------------------
"Chances thrown / Nothing's free / Looking for what used to be / Still it's hard / Hard to see / Fragile lives, shattered dreams..."

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always 72 for some reason. Thanks JR

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps