Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » If this is true, where am I? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If this is true, where am I?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Omega weren't homeschooled, I'd think the kid in this cartoon was based on him... *L*

Ah, the wonders of somethingawful.com... *L*

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I fail to see the humor. I mean, I'm not offended or anything, nor do I think the cartoon is unoriginal. I simply don't think it's funny. The Evil Overlord list, THAT's funny, but not this.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*L*

--------------------
"Sometimes I think I might like to be evil and all, but that's not the way to think, 'ya know?"
-AA, from IRC on March 3rd, 2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was pretty funny. And the hell of it is, it sounds exactly like an arguement Omega might make ... paranoia of the government and all

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL* Makes you wonder whom Satan is really in league with, doesn't it?

--------------------
life creation in progress

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: That's because you have to know how silly people like you appear, to realize the humor. :-)
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very funny, but it'd be funnier if it weren't true.
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, every single one of my arguments has been well-reasoned (except maybe the Mac v. PC one a couple years back). If you refuse to actually think about what you read, that's not my problem.

See, the cartoon in itself is fine (though still not funny), but the accompanying thread seems to be one of those that's generally looked down upon around here. You know, a thread designed to flame a specific person?

Grow up.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er. I don't think this quite crosses the "flame" line.

And, maybe you should take your own advice, Omega. Ignore it if you don't like it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Omega: This thread isn't designed to flame you. It's designed to flame people like you. You're just the only one around...
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, the comic is like twisted.

but funny though

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Omega
Member # 91

Ah, but this fictional child ISN'T like me in any discernable way. And if you think he is, then you obviously haven't been paying attention.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Sounds like you, though ...

You ARE the guy who argues so vehemently against evolution, aren't you?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

You're comparing the veracity of the theory of evolution to the veracity of the existence of the continent of North America, where 95% of us are sitting? Talk about lack of perspective...

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: Omega ]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I really hate it when people can't take a simple, harmless joke and make it all personal and offending. Jeez...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps