Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Tora Z's Christian Rant, Part II (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tora Z's Christian Rant, Part II
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,
I am a good friend of bryce's and he told me about this thread. To be honest, I have been silent up until now simply reading what others have said..until now.
I am not going to debate homosexuality vs. Christianity. But I do want to say somethings.
When I was 15 yrs old..I was raped by a gay man. Now I am totally honest in saying that I have no hate whatsoever toward homosexuals...only love and respect. The man who did this to me, at first, yes I hated him, but now I have forgiven him with God's help.
I am a 24 yr old guy...and I have learned something in the 9 years that I have been a Christian. I have learned that we can sit and argue and debate until we are blue in the face! Truth is out there..and the only source for that truth is God Himself.
When Matthew Shepherd was murdered..I cried. And when I say 'so called Christians' at his funeral with signs saying things like "God hates Gays"...and yelling things at his family. I was outraged. THAT WAS NOT GOD'S WILL!! God is Love..and that display was nothing but an expression of hate and ignorance. This is how I feel. What I do want to say in closing is this. Jesus love gays and lesbians as much as he loves a prostitute, a murder, a liar, or any other sinner for that matter. WE ARE ALL SINNERS.
I think churches need to open there doors, hearts, and arms to homosexuals...just as they open their doors to everyone else. Because Jesus has his arms opened to us now!

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok...

There is a Psalm about how God created us perfectly and how He designed us the way He wanted us.

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, I was merely stating AN opinion, not MY opinion.

And why is it I always end up arguing with the one guy who HAS had the worst things possible happen to him? No offense, I am sorry for everything thast has happened to you.

You are right. What if's are pointless. The only argument about Hitler I can see is that if he were stillborn, there might have been someone even worse in his place. And partly because of him, we are now attacking Molosovitch, to try and prevent the same problems.

We muddle through, whether by divine intervention, or by dumb luck, but humanity does keep going, and hopefully improving.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*tries vainly to recall the Shaw quote on religion*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There is a Psalm about how God created us perfectly and how He designed us the way He wanted us."

Yep, this was one of the things I was praying about when I went through all this...If anyone wants my story, they can get to know me a little better.

I don't want to divulge such personal stuff on the threads for just anyone to read, but I'll share if you want to talk over ICQ or email...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that anyone can actually get in touch with you through ICQ...

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also a psalm to the enemies of Israel that ends:

"Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Based on that, I'd be wary of taking the psalms as great indicators. They're poetry.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God as an artist "painted" humanity in His Depression Period.

Make sense? Good.

You know what I've discovered?
That there is no difference in the outcome of Prayer, Spellcraft, or Visualization.

There are many versions of the Truth out there. That's what we are all looking for, the Truth. One version is Christianity, another version is Judiasm, another is Islam, another is Hinduism, another is Wicca, another is paganism, another is animism, another is LeVay's Satanism, another is atheism, another is quantum mechanics, another is Realivity, and so on and so forth. But Absolute Truth, true Divinty, is grasping all of the versions of Truth.

Everything is emptiness. What we call Reality is merely an exchange of photons and a replusion of electric charges. It's those two things that make our world seem so solid, and yet. . .
. . .And yet, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Do You question God's existance? Or trust in it with Your faith? Do You leave the curtain alone and let Your perceptions go unchalledged? Or do You dare to pull back the curtain and see God for what It really is.
Or do You stand there and know that God is the curtain, and the Wizard, and the machines behind the curtain, and the whole of Emerald City, and Oz, and even You and Your little dog Toto too?

Or perhaps Life, real true Life is beyond us and we are mere machines, constructs of artificial intelligence, the end result of the most advanced nanotechnology. Imagine basic elements, the very ash of stars, engineered in such a way as to combine together to form a programming language that instructs more combinations and replications, until a whole unit is devised! Evolution was just the beginning. Just the research and development. And here we are, like self enabling software wondering if our Users still watch our performance, or even use us after 4.6 billion milliseconds.
What is our Life then? What is our purpose? Experiments? Vehicles? Toys? Anyone who has played Sim Earth has provoked a Atomic War, or changed the sun's output to blanket the earth in ice and destroy all life. Are we too, just a simulation? If so are we to accept our fate? Or become Gods and change the simulations? And if you say we can't do that, can't change the simulation, then you are either accepting the Man Behind the Curtain, or just seeing the Man Behind the Curtain, but you are not perceiving the entirity, the holistic essence that is All, of which the Man Behind the Curtain, and Yourself are equal and indistisguishable parts of the Whole.

Do I believe in God? Yes. The God I have just described to you. But in my case "believe" is to misleading a term. I know there is a God.
And sometimes It's Me.

------------------
IF is the middle word in Life.
--Appocalypse Now

[This message was edited by Cargile on April 17, 1999.]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps