Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Boy Killers To Be Released From Prison (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Boy Killers To Be Released From Prison
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home-news.excite.ca/news/cp/010622/14/two-boys-now

quote:
The boys dragged and led the toddler three kilometres through town to a railway line, where they hit him with bricks and metal bars, poured paint in his eyes and finally placed him on the tracks where a train cut him in half.

iiiiiiiiish.....damn, these two kids sure were violent at that time.

And why are their pictures released to the public? I thought it is illegal to do so, because they were under-age, and their identities needed to be kept secret.

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: BlueElectron ]

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends. I know that's a United States law, but is it law in Britain too? And now that they're 18...hmm. Well, I only scanned the article, if it says somewhere the pictures were released prior to this date then the previous has no basis.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cripes man!! I don't know what to say!
IP: Logged
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot the fuckers! That's what I say.

If they could do that then, just think what they could do now! I know that they are meant to have been rehabilitated and all, but I don't buy that at all. 8 Years! That's 8 more years that that poor little boy had, and they'll still be allowed to live to a ripe old age with money and a roof over their heads - the system bloody well sucks!!!

If they're not gonna be shot then they should be locked in a cold, wet and dark cell with no food and water and then have the key melted so that no one can get then out again. If you don't want to go for that then - hit them with bricks and metal bars, poured paint in their eyes and finally place them on the tracks where a train can cut them in half - give them a taste of their own fucking medicine. People like them should be put down at birth.

That's my two pence on the matter - I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and that the British law is far far too soft. I mean - Person A is killed by Person B and Person B gets life imprisonment (25 years). Ten years later they get out because of good behaviour. But if a law abiding citizen kills someone in self-defence they don't get good behaviour benefits, they have to stay in for 25 years until they get their first review and even then they may end up staying in prison until they die or are at least very old. Shite! Absolutely shite!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... In that article, people kept going on about how the two should be kept in prison because they hadn't been punished enough. How about the fact that they're obviously a couple of unimaginably sick fucks, and releasing them puts a lot of people at risk? I mean, killing someone is one thing. But what they did proves that they are not at all in their right minds. They should be locked away just because they're a danger to society...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calm down.

Okay, first.

Their pictures haven't been released to the public. I have no idea where you got that idea from. There pictures are not allowed to be released in this country. Of course, that law doesn't apply to other countries, so if someone gets a picture of them, and puts it on a French hosted web-site (for example), that's prefectly legal.

"I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and that the British law is far far too soft."

I would quote Delenn here, but that would be far too sad. I should point out that in almost all other European countries, they'd have gotten off far lighter, as they would have been under the age of criminal responsibility. They'd have gotten off far lighter. I can't think of any wesern country where they would have received capital punishment. I don't think that even the US is fucked up enough to kill 10 year old kids, no matter what they have done.

"If they're not gonna be shot then they should be locked in a cold, wet and dark cell *snip* People like them should be put down at birth."

Do I need to point out the slight flaw in that argument?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh,

"Person A is killed by Person B and Person B gets life imprisonment (25 years). Ten years later they get out because of good behaviour. But if a law abiding citizen kills someone in self-defence they don't get good behaviour benefits, they have to stay in for 25 years until they get their first review and even then they may end up staying in prison until they die or are at least very old. Shite! Absolutely shite!"

Are we basing that on any sort of precendent? Any at all? Or have we just taken too many antihistamines today?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The laws a bitch, it's the same everywhere. Live with it. By letting these guys out, there is the obvious double standards as far as Myra Hindley is concerned - she's not being let out although Thompson and Venables are out. But will they ever be free? Do you honestly think they'll ever be able to freely walk the streets without the fear that someone might recognise them and disembowel them with a spoon? If they get found out, that's it - THEY'RE DEAD! Letting them out is probably a worse sentence than actually keeping them inside - especially if they're sent to live in Wales!

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Orion Syndicate ]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ecch! Being sent to live in Wales would be bad enough, I say!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the case of naming so called young offenders, such young offenders SHOULD be named if they are being tried for more serious crimes like attempted murder onwards. As well, they should face adult like sentences.

I sympathize with most Brits who oppose this decision to release these two monsters.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, something strikes me about this murder.

That something being the fact that these two children were TEN YEARS OLD.

There is no way someone should recieve the death penalty for a crime committed while a child. Now, granted, being that the super vast majority of Europe doesn't have the death penalty, they're clear on that area (to bad the US's record isn't as clear). Shame on Blue Electron and others on this board for suggesting that the killings of two children would solve anything.

But, back to the age.

TEN YEARS OLD!

TEN YEARS OLD!

How many people here did something when they were 10 that they know better about now in their teens or twenties or thirties?

It is wrong and mind-boggling to charge children as ADULTS. If you can charge a 10-year old as an adult, well, that 10-year old should also have that same right as adults: driving, drinking, voting, etcetra.

It's one thing to make the case of trying someone as an adult if they're at least in that age range -- say, about 16 or so -- but TEN?! TEN?! And the DEATH PENALTY? No way! Try 'em as an adult if you want, but I fail to see what's solved by executing someone for a crime committed as a minor.

I'm sorry. I just find it ridiculous that boys of ten are being held to the same standards as if two 20-year olds had done this.

You want to keep them in jail? I can understand that.

You want to try them as adults? Can't really understand that ...

You want to kill them? Sounds like you're a sick fuck yourself.

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Jeff Kardde ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they are 18 now. They are 18 and have killed someone. They should be punished accordingly.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all I'd like to explain that my status line is entirely Tupac Shakur related, and has nothing to do whatsoever with this topic.

Now that we have that out of the way, I think that they shouldn't be killed, but still placed in a maximum security prison, where they can be someone's bitch and go thorough some suffering at least, instead of the cushy treatment they got.

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: MC Infinity ]

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Harry.

They didn't kill someone when they were eighteen. They killed someone when they were ten.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes Harry. What are you proposing? That when someone hits 18, they should be backward punished for everything they did wrong before that age?

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps