Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Another Christian Rant... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Another Christian Rant...
Brigman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see what all the debate about God is for. As Trek fans, we all know what happened to God. Captain Kirk blew him up with a photon torpedo in Star Trek V... ;-)

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, don't give Kirk credit for it. It was Spock!

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha

No where in Christian text does it say that God is in anyway evil. Satan is a fallen angel.

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

Brigman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily today, here with us now in the studio, we have the illustrious Captain Kirk to clear matters up for us!

I: Captain, I understand that in your career, you've had a strong anti-religious stance.

Kirk: Well, I don't see that as true...

I: Oh, come now, Captain. Don't be modest. Remember what occurred when you encountered the primitive people who worshipped Vaal?

Kirk: Yes...

I: And what did you do when you realized these people were in bondage to a supertitious worship?

Kirk: We, er, blew up the computer. I mean, Vaal. But...

I: And when you found a similar group of people under the rule of Landru, being held back by silly outdated superstitions?

Kirk: We blew him up. But...

I: And when confronted with a being that actually WAS the Greek God, Apollo?

Kirk: Blew him up. Kinda regretted that one. But...

I: And of course, when faced with the godlike Nomad, in search of his creator?

Kirk: Blew him up.

I: And when your friend Gary Mitchell was becoming a god?

Kirk: Blew him up.

I: What about when the people on Eminiar VII were enslaved to their computers and meekly followed, like sheep if you will, it's orders to step into disintegration chambers?

Kirk: (smiling sheepishly) Blew up LOTS of stuff!

I: When you actually travelled through the great barrier and MET God, what did you do?

Kirk: Hah! I'm off the hook on that one. *Spock* blew him up.

I: Thank you, Captain. This has been very enlightening...

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(should have stayed away from this)
The Bible (New Testement at least) was written by men, not God or Jesus. These men were in the midst of creating a new religion around Jesus and a lot of the rules are their rules and not nessesarilly Gods rules. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all tell somewhat different stories about the same events.(see John the Baptist) Jesus was all about peace, Love and forgiveness, a lot of his followers today are not.

------------------
The Naked Now

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And one shouldn't forget that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were NOT the only folks who wrore gospels at that time.
In fact, at the time that the "Canonical" Bible was first put together (when all the Bigwigs got together and decided what you all would be allowed to know) there were upwards of 60 extant gospels written by different figures including other Apostles, Mary Magdalene, Thomas, and one purported to be by Jesus's brother.
Where are they now?
Well, that's a long and power-struggle filled story that has its roots in the formation of the early church and the arguments that went on and the "wars" between rival Christian factions. I encourage people (especially believers) to do their own independent research on this. What you find may shock, stun, and probably run quite contrary to what you've been told by the "Authorities."

For instance, one account suggests that JC MARRIED Mary Mag., and settled down to found a family.
One suggests that a man named "Simon" ended up on the cross instead of JC.

The reson you have the accounts that you havem were that those of Matt, Mark, Luke and John were some of the ones that disagreed the LEAST. And they still disagree on several crucial points, including Jesus's last words on the cross.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting stuff here.

First of Two's query about God allowing pain and mayhem deserves some thought:

If you found yourself in a situations in which you may immediately witness an incident that was going to cause harm to someone, and had the clairvoyance--or access to all the information contained within the universe--to see how the incident would influence other events, and had the power to run a mental simulation in which you prevented the near occurance from happening and was able to analyse the events from that decision, then based on which future course you favored, you would then either allow the atrocity to happen, or prevent it.
Let's imagine that there is intervention by God. Now how the hell would we know what events are allowed and what events are deleted? The Colonization of the Western Hemisphere, Hitler, and now Milsovich and the Taliban could pale in comparison to other possible actrocities. Maybe these are neccesary evils in which a greater goodness will arrise.

I myself think of God as a conscience being, but not a sentient being. God's self-awareness comes from humanity. We think, therefore It is. The Higher Power is humanity and all living things contributing to it. God is the manifestation of that. To say there is no God is admitting that there is no humanity. To say there is no spirit is to say there is no conscience. To say there is no soul is to say there is no intelligence. To deny these things is to deny the very existance of energy. It is to say "there is nothing".
It is not a question of the existance of God. Nor is it a question of belief in a God. The deep question we wrestle with is "How do I perceive God?" And the answers vary from a nonentity, to a white bearded old gent in white robes, to a holographic-like matrix of interferance patterns in an endless sea of energy. Which one is correct?
Which one is correct for you.
There may be many Gods and Goddesses, but there is only one godness.

My thoughts on the homosexual issue. Plain and simple. Most men who hate them, fear them because they beleive that homosexuals may treat the heterosexual males like the heterosexual males treat the females.
Homosexuality doesn't bother me in the least bit (probably because I treat women with equalty, respect, and consideration, which given the above is how I feel a homosexual man would treat me.)
Off on a humorous rant meant to amuse and not offend, I offer this opinion:

What really irritates me about homosexual men is that as far as sex goes, they got the better end of the stick. Sex occupies a man's thoughts constantly. So two men who are attracted to men, who are constantly thinking about sex. . . well, someone is not playing the old "I'v got a headache, tonight" routine! What is the rejection rate in gay bars? It's got to be low. And another thing, I have never once in my life ran across a glory hole in a straight bar (not that I've ran across any in a gar bar. I don't go there.) No wonder we are pissed off. Those guys are having all the erotic fun! It's a shame I don't find a hairy butt attractive. But no. I have to deal with heterosexual women who are looking for the perfect mate to pass their genes onto the next generation. The competition is fierce.
Oh, and as far as homosexual women are concerned, not only do I not mind it, but, like 99.9 percent of all males out there, I condone it.

------------------
IF is the middle word in Life.
--Appocalypse Now

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.