Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fatal Exception....

Author Topic: Fatal Exception....
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, all.... it seems as if fate has smiled upon my doctors and their wishes for me to be completely cumputer uninvolved... As of 10:34am pst, my computer... my dear, DEAR computer... is dead.... It started with illegal operations, went on to fatal exceptions, and finally this morning ended with a great big crash of Explorer never to reboot again... we don't know what happened yet, but of my computer I can say only this... it was a good machine until it DIED and LEFT me just like every OTHER important thing in my life!!!

*smile* But it's okay... I'm not bitter...

so then... until i either get the modem fixed in my Dad's computer, or I somehow figure out a way to revife my computer, this is goodbye... take care and DON'T let anything big happen while I'm gone!!! PLEASE!

*L* I'll TTYL... BEHAVE!!!

~LOA

------------------
Biofreeze:

"Ooh.... that feels GOOD!!!!" ~LOA '99

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are able to recover and continue on with life. My deepest sympathies go out to you...

*insert some depressive classical music type work here*

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sieg - It's not like the end of the world! Just a matter of fixing it!

Yes...computers are very anoying.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on, how did you post that if you're computers broke?

This thing happens all the time in computer mags. People send in e-mails saying that they're computer wont even start, and has melted, and yet the e-mail program still seems to work.

For that matter, since Liz can't read this, we can say anything we want.

Arse-biscuits!

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders, fleetingly, how certian other forum goers are taking this*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus, I know it's not the end of the world. I just like blowing stuff out of proportion!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just happens that our dear LOA has access to dozens of computers, thanks to her friends.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders just who it is Jubes is thinking of*

Sorry to hear about your loss, Liz. I have unfortunate experience in having the computer die on me. Losing my comp, and being stuck with 14.4 access wasn't very fun. But, I've got a nice, somewhat working computer now, so never fear!

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay.. well, for those of you that were WONDERING, I'm back now... *grin* I've got my computer back and it SEEMS to be working wonderfully...

I DID however lose EVERYTHING on my HD because I was forced to reformat... silly me, I thought I'd tried EVERYTHING else and that was my ONLY option... I was WRONG, but I didn't know that at the time!

Anyway, since I lost my HD, I'll need any of you that have my on your ICQ list to send me a message, okay? Thankies!

Now I'm going to go to bed... I've been downloading and trying to get this computer back to the way it was for HOURS now... It's time to get a GOOD nights sleep!

~LOA

------------------
"WARNING: A burning sensation may occur upon application but usually dissapears after several days."

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As she didn't mention it - the cause of all her compy problems was the same that killed my compy last year. The CPU fan died. :-)

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Did you see the Outside while you were away? I heard that the trees are turning green!

------------------
IF is the middle word in Life.
--Appocalypse Now

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.