Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Trek or God?

Author Topic: Trek or God?
StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has Paramount really been making such boring episodes?
I mean DS9 is getting ready to shut its doors on the world and everyone seems more bothered about arguing about the existance of God and what lousy things people do in his (assuming existance) name.

Take my example.
I do not believe in God.
My Wife *does* believe in God.

When did we last have a discussion/argument/make threats at each other about this subject?

Answer - about 5 years ago.

The simple fact is I respect my wife's Beliefs and she respects my lack of belief.

Now I have read some of the posts here tonight and ended up feeling somewhat annoyed. However, I did not reply (okay - except for that Comfortable chair thing) because
1/ I respect others no matter how much I disagree
2/ If I let myself get drawn into this I would only make a bad situation worse.

These Forums are meant to be about Star Trek. I realise that there is a community here, and each of you would like to get to know each other better, however the only thing this serves is to divide.
Look back through history and see how many wars have happened because one person disagreed with another faith.

That is all I have to say and no - I am not going to post any replies to this

------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*pokes SM and gestures at forum title*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are yo usure Chris? I remember a religion argument, and I've only been here about one and a half years.

He has got a point though. Everyone has their views, and no-one is changing them. It's ceased to be a discussion, and is just no people talking.

Now, a gun discussion, THAT draws out the wackos, freaks and homicidal maniacs...

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely! And don't get me started on gun owners!

Oh. Wait. That's me.

------------------
Warning:
There has been an alarming increase in the
number of things you know nothing about.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris - You have a point. But one of the goals of this board is to keep this type of discussion off the Trek based forums.

I agree that we have to let others speak their views and we should respect them. But we should not by the same token 'suggest' what is appropriate to post.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very "Federation" of you Chris!
Good for you

But you must admit it's easier to get into a righteous flap over the nature of God than over whether Seven is a good female role model, or if Sisko is too grouchy.

------------------
An unborn scream burst in my stomach,
and spread like cold mercury through my chest.
I covered my face with my hands, but kept looking through my fingers.
"Write that down!", he told the stick.
"Is visibly destroyed, yet unable to turn away".

- Blue Jam

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Seven is going to be a proper role model, she'll need a gun.

------------------
The Naked Now

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grabs at her crotch* she can have my 'gun' any time *snigger*

Yikes!! what was that!! Lost myself for a minute there....*checks between her legs* Phew!! I don't even HAVE a 'gun'

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grabs at his crotch* she can have my 'gun' any time *snigger*

Yikes!! what was that!! Lost myself for a minute there....*checks between her legs*. No wait, I didn't. I have a gun, and I meant every word...

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Lennon said it best. "Happiness is a warm gun. Oh yes it is."

------------------
IF is the middle word in Life.
--Appocalypse Now

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks people are taking advantage of there not being a moderator for this forum.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Muslim guy at a place I worked once said that everyone had a thing that was their religion. . . and mine was Star Trek. He's wrong, but I'd just like to say - Trek IS God! 8)

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps