Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The horror. The horror (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The horror. The horror
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There's nothing wrong with defecit spending, so long as you know exactly what you're doing, and are extremely careful.

You can't know exactly what you're doing, that's why it's called defecit spending. There is no way to predict what will happen one year down the road. The surplus might, shall we say, not be sufficient.

Exert caution by NOT spending more than you have. Basic rule, always works.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'd love to, but they keep tacking on new spending! Or just as often, restoring cuts that had been made in order to balance the budget.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We'd love to, but they keep tacking on new spending!

Yeah, I agree, let's cut that damn missile defense system out of the budget.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BZZT! Erroneous!

The missile defense system was ALREADY factored into the budget. Therefore it is NOT 'additional' spending.

*points and laughs*

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That doesn't make it any less of a moronic proposition or moronic undertaking.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing could.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
Nothing could.

Wait. Is Omega agreeing with Stingray? That the missile defense system is a moronic proposition and undertaking? Excellent!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, your ignorance knows no bounds.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You don't seem to have a grasp of grammar.

First said:

quote:
The missile defense system was ALREADY factored into the budget. Therefore it is NOT 'additional' spending.

Stingray said:

quote:

Clearly, referring to the missile defense system.

You said:

quote:
Nothing could

Therefore, one would naturally assume you're saying, "nothing would make it any less of a moronic proposition or moronic undertaking."

Yes? No? And you call me ignorant. Speaking of which, isn't that an "ad-hominem"?

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

Therefore, one would naturally assume you're saying, "nothing would make it any less of a moronic proposition or moronic undertaking."

BINGO! Now think about this REAL hard, and try not to hurt yourself in the process. Here's a hint: I couldn't care less.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Omega's got you there. He made it say "Nothing could make it any LESS moronic."

Which means it's SO NOT moronic, you can't make it any more NOT moronic.

Clever restructuring of the double negative.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
"Nothing could make it any LESS moronic."

Well, see, I completely agree with that. Missile defense is the most moronic thing the Bush White House has gotten itself behind, it'd be hard to make it more moronic.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

That's not what I said. I said you couldn't make it LESS moronic, not moreso.

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile off the grammer bus...

quote:

That is impossible. Or at the least bit illegal. The ABM treaty still is in force (regardless of Double U's trying to get it tossed out like yesterday's french fry.)

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
That's not what I said. I said you couldn't make it LESS moronic, not moreso.

Yes, because it's already the most moronic. I suppose you could make it less moronic, but you're right: you can't make it more moronic when it's already the most moronic thing around.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps