Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The horror. The horror (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The horror. The horror
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That post made little or no sense as a reply to mine.

As for the legality missile defense funding, the funding is for research, not implementation. I doubt research is covered by the treaty.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's broken. We've abrogated it, which is perfectly within our rights now that the other signatory no longer exists. If we'd RE-negotiated it after the USSR fell (which we didn't), that would be another matter. But once the signatory country ceased to exist, even according to Geneva, we could withdraw from the treaty at any time, simply by saying we no longer intended to hold to it. Which we have.

There is no 'in force' for BILATERAL (NOT 'International', for noone else has signed on) treaties of this kind... because there's no body that exists to enforce them. It's strictly voluntary. (PoliSci 101).

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's not what I said. I said you couldn't make it LESS moronic, not moreso.

Well, you're 100% correct. You can't make it less moronic then it already is.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You two clowns teamed up together are too stupid to deal with.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting too quite.

quote:
Words of Wisdom

If you give a Democrat a cow he will milk it,
drink all he wants and give the rest to the poor.

If you give a Republican a cow he will pay a Democrat to milk the cow for less than the minimum wage, then fabricate a milk shortage and then sell it the milk at grossly inflated prices.

...and Rush and Fox News will swear there is a milk shortage.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps