Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » One less neanderthal (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: One less neanderthal
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha. Should've seen that one coming.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One wonders why you didn't.

CNN had a bit on Helms' retirement today -- it was suggested his retirement might be partially politically motivated, saying he was having trouble with the "soccer moms" and suburban families ...

... they also said he was known for a great sense of humor.

Actually, the thing I most remember about Helms was his comment about Clinton which I think got him in a good deal of trouble with the Secret Service. I think that was spoofed on the "West Wing", actually ...

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that comment. Michael Moore phoned the Secret Service to inquire how the investigation of a death threat against the President (as all such threats are investigated) was going. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Twere an idiotic comment to make, 'tis true.

On the other hand, given S.Carolina's traditional historical response to the Federal government, perhaps not all that inaccurate.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
given S.Carolina's traditional historical

Don't you mean North Carolina?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Urgh! Me am dying in Bizarro Universe not today!

Forgot. S. Carolina seceded first, N. Carolina is Helms Country.

Me am not sorry! Me love screwing up!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Can I quote you on that ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps