Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fundies (How many?)

Author Topic: Fundies (How many?)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rough guess. How many Fundies are in the U.S.?

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no intention of posting futher in this personal-flame thread. I suggest the rest of you do the same. I thought Jeff learned his lesson early on about posting personal attacks, but I guess not.

Ignore the troll, folks. He might just go away. Or get his butt banned, one.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, look, folks! The little coward edited the thread after posting it! For those of you who missed it, it basically consisted of him quoting me out of context, and then wondering whether "our boy-wonder has gone a little nutzo?" That's it. That qualifies as a personal flame.

I wonder if there's not a record of it somewhere in the vast labrynthian corridors of the server...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drat. I toned it down, and now Omega's POed.

Oh well.

Omega first, proving himself a liar, attacked me as someone who calls everyone I dislike a Fundie. Rob, have I ever called you a fundie? Have I called the people in the NCC-1305-E thread fundies? No.

I then said that I generally considered those who believed there to be a "gay agenda" and liked to burn books as fundies.

Omega then said there were about 1,000 fundies in America.

Is he right? I don't know. I'm asking you.

For info: the original post consisted of:

quote:
JeffKardde: No, it's my catch all term for hard-right religious who think there's a "gay agenda" and that its okay to burn books, among other things.

quote:
PianOmega47: Oh. Well, in that case, there are maybe a thousand of those in the country.

Gee, I think our little boy wonder has gone a little nuts.

However, he seems to rather make this thread about a personal attack on him, rather then a rather innocent question, how many Fundies are in the US? He's a troll, folks, and likes making vague, blanket statements about that of which he doesn't like to consider.

Oh, Omega, boy-genius, "The little coward" qualifies as a personal flame too, wonder-boy. And if Omega wants, I'll be happy to post our ENTIRE conversation, where a certain someone can find out he thinks she's a ... well, it's not very nice.

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, smooth move Jeff, especially considering that we aren't exactly swarming with females.

Both of you, please stop. This is now as bitchy and humourless as the final seasons of Roseanne.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Liam. Whatever touched this off, it has nothing to do with the rest of us. Jeff, keep your private conversations private. Omega, leave Jeff alone. Charles, send me money.

Everyone else, dance!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, what they said.

*starts the congo line*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to make it official - I don't want to see a single post by either of your ripping into each other again.

Ever.

Under punishment of posting permission removal.

Am I perfectly clear?

Thread closed.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps