Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Two Planes have hit the NY World Trade Centre (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Two Planes have hit the NY World Trade Centre
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you guys please post rudimentary sources, that capitol hill thing was NOT funny. Those fuckers were planning to divert.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw to hell with it, it's probably better to keep both open

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: G.K Nimrod ]

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was no car bomb at the State Department. Or if there was, they're covering it up for some reason.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of which, Israel has evacuated all of its missions throughout the world -- or at least, that's what I heard.

Let's just hope the CIA has a better track record of finding out who is responsible then they have during the previous admin.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Wait a sec, the Air Force shot DOWN a jet?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel sick....

--------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Initial reports indicate that the US Air Force intercepted a passenger jet that was heading on a kamikaze run to Washington. In order to prevent any other possible casualties (the Pentagon is not the only target), the pilot/hijacker/kamikaze shot down the jet after the pilot refused commands to cease and desist.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I don't know whats more tragic. Suicide bombers carrying innocent air passengers, or Air Force jets forced to kill those innocents to prevent greater damage.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a lose-lose situation. What can you do?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I know, it's just so tragic. My heart goes out to the Air Force pilot who had to fire that missile -- no matter the justification, no matter that s/he did what they had to do, it can't be easy to live with.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

It must be best to have just one thread dedicated to this and then lock it when it's to full and start another, just one at any given moment. So we dont have to write every message in both flame board and officers lounge!

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It's probably best to have two threads 'cuz they're filling up so quickly. We can lock them once our emotions have come down, but I think most of us need an outlet for this (I've already punched a hole in my wall and want to avoid another) and the more the better.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

i absolutely didnt mean locking to stop talking. I'm so tired, so tired.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, in a bit of good news, Towson U. cancelled classes, so even thought I left before 11am when I first heard of the attack, I don't actually "miss" class.

Somehow, I'm still full of rage.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This isn't going to lead to a World War. This is going to lead to the utter destruction of whoever did it, and whoever helped them, but it will go no further than that. "

(This isn't be being heartless or anything, BTW)

As I said in the other thread Omega, if terroism was that simple to stop, don't you think we'd have done it by now? Or should England have dropped bombs all over Ireland after the BT Tower attack (or any other IRA attack)?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps