Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Two Planes have hit the NY World Trade Centre (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Two Planes have hit the NY World Trade Centre
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gov. Glendening here in Maryland declared a state of emergency.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrorism is simple to stop. Find terrorists. Destroy terrorists. Simple. Not necessarily easy.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, it sounds simple, doesn't it? You seem to be ignoring Liam's point.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're arguing over semantics there Omega.

Terroism is the most evil way possible to make a point. It's also one of the most effective, and hardest to stop.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I woke up today just as the first plane crashed into the World Trade Center. Most of my first class today was spent listening to the news coverage and watching as a few of the students frantically tried calling their loved ones in New York City. This is simply a horrible, horrible act, and I can't say it any better than that. Thousands of people have died today because some terrorist group has decided that they don't like the United States. At the very least, the 266 people on the four airplanes are for certain gone. The toll will only go up as we count the victims in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and in the areas surrounding them.

I've spent the past two hours tracking down and finding friends in New York City. Almost all of them live or work in the Lower Manhattan district. I've found all but two so far. This is simply horrible, and I wish I could communicate that more clearly.

I'm not a religious person, nor have I ever really been, but, if there is a supreme being out there, a mighty god or goddess watching over us, may He/She/It have mercy on the innocent souls in these attacks, and may those innocent souls find their peace in the great beyond.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reduce the entire area to slag. That should end the problem.

Hey, the original Israelites knew it. Check the OT. You go in, waste EVERYBODY, level the city to the sand, and declare peace.

The Romans knew it, as one historian was quoted: "The Romans make a desert, and call it peace."

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the ROMANS.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Reduce the entire area to slag. That should end the problem."

So we should have bombed Ireland into oblvivion then? Or was that stupid and childish comment intended as a joke?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's put it down to gallow humour, everyone has different ways of dealing with this.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats the problems with terror.. its accomplished by killing people unrelated to the conflict...

im more afraid of our country slaughtering women and children in retaliation.. think about that if youve suggested dusting off the bomb today

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tahna Los:
Initial reports indicate that the US Air Force intercepted a passenger jet that was heading on a kamikaze run to Washington. In order to prevent any other possible casualties (the Pentagon is not the only target), the pilot/hijacker/kamikaze shot down the jet after the pilot refused commands to cease and desist.

What is your source on this? I have not seen anything about this online or on the news...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Nim
Member # 205

Capitol Hill was false. Kennedy Space Center was false. I'm hoping that plane the air force was said to be pursuing was a hoax too. It would be just like them to spread that "americans had to kill their own to save a percentage more of people."

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO, and I'm Canadian, you find the two first people that come out to deny the attacks and freakin' demolish everything ... first start with a target that has nothing to do with the military .. make it freakin' personal.

They celebrated in the middle-east when it was learned that the attacks were a success... THAT IS A GOOD PLACE TO DROP THE FIRST BOMB!

I damn well hope that Bush doesn't sit on his duff with this .. cuz they fuckin' deserve the retaliation!

Now.. back to your regular scheduled program: Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood Bombing!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The news about the shoot-down was from the radio news up here. It has since been proved false.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Nim
Member # 205

Thank you, thank you.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps