Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Mosque attacked in Northern Texas (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Mosque attacked in Northern Texas
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A mosque in northern texas today discovered several bullet holes through there windows.

Well well well, some nutjob terrorists not only kill thosands of people, but they help bring out the nutjobs we already have in the country.

Pathetic.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They had a bit on St. Louis, and that state's goverment released a statement asking people not to take matters into their own hands -- several mosques in the area have recieved bomb threats.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah...the joys of racism and stereotypes... I'm wondering if anyone in my business calculus class tomorrow will try to ask me for homework answers?

Fuck the people who did this attack!!!!!!!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just a reactionary offshoot of the original insanity that caused the destruction in New York and Washington. People are so riled up (and rightly so) by all of this that they feel the need to do something. Most people have been donating money and blood to the victims. A few have decided that all Arabs are scum and must be eliminated or deported. Sitting in class today, I heard a lot of people discussing the "damn dirty A-rabs." I told a group of people in front of me that: 1) we do not know for 100% certain is an Islamic extremist group did this and 2) even if one is responsible, not all people of Arabic descent are capable of this.

A few of my friends are Middle Eastern, and most of them are practicing Moslems. All of them are nice, kind, wonderful people. They're crying with us in this time of tragedy. A very small minority have the idea that the US needs to be punished by them acting on the will of Allah. They are COMPLETELY out of touch with what constitutes being Moslem and being human. My friends and many others around the world and around the country are proof of this. We must not forget that there are Moslems and people of Arabic descent among the victims in this. We must not forget that there likely are Moslems and people of Arabic descent participating in the rescue effort.

In this time, I truly am worried for my friends. It's horrible enough that thousands of innocent people died at the hands of fanatics. It's only compounding the damage by taking the anger out on other innocent people.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
This is just a reactionary offshoot of the original insanity that caused the destruction in New York and Washington.

As Marge Simpson once said...
"Well Duh"

j/k, hope you don't mind me trying to defuse my own anxieties with a little humor

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worse and worse...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sick.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit, can we at LEAST frag the prople who are celebrating this atrocity?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Gee, so if American citizens who partied when we won the Gulf War got attacked, it'd be okay?

Fuck no! All bombing civilians is going to do is give the message that the US deserves to be hated.

Erm. I might have misinterpreted. Rob, did you mean to frag people celebrating the WTC and Pentagon attack, or the people celebrating the attacks on Mosques?

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob doesn't consider the mosque attacks atrocities.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I certainly hope that's not the truth.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I'm concerned, it's a great shame that we can't kill people who celebrate innocent deaths, in any context. They certainly don't deserve to be called "human".

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I'm concerned, it's a great shame when people kill people, period. They certainly don't deserve to be called "human".

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Regardless of if those civilians were going to work in office buildings, or are cheering the destruction of those office buildings in countries half way around the world, shame on anyone who thinks that the deliberate, pre-meditated attacks on civilians is acceptable. Shame.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For these people it is a war, it seems. A war of politics and religion. In war, the victor will probably not reflect to weep for the enemy which was slain, but pat themselves on the back and rejoice for their courage, endeavour and victory.

This is the fact of war.

These Islamic fundmentalists are at war, and they are celebrating their victory, just as the allies celebrated such victories in WWII, or any other war - and in such cases many lives military or civilain are lost.

It doesn't matter what side you're on, when at war you celebrate victories, even with great loss to the enemy. It is horrifying but it is true, whether you're an American or an Afghan; whether it's Hiroshima, or New York. The victor celebrates.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps