Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Dream Team Death Squad: Who should we send to get the terror-dudes

Author Topic: Dream Team Death Squad: Who should we send to get the terror-dudes
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our dream team would consist of:

John Rambo: Ability never get hit by bullets

T-800: Traditional terminators work better than the liquid metal ones. Provides snappy one-liners. 'ah em going to brrreak yu!'

the ghost of Frank Sinatra: Spokesman 'Knock off this terror bunk or it's ring a ding-ding for you bozos'

and to round things out, the starting line of the 76 Phil. Flyers
'cause theyve got nothing to lose...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is entirely innapropriate.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I'd say a thread about what we'd like to do to these SOBs might help us vent a bit.

Anyone ever read or watch "Hannibal"? If they really do think they're Muslims, then that particular punishment might be as appropriate as it can get.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantasizing about killing mass-murderers is 'inappropriate?'

@#$%ing Talibanish thought-police...

Let's see...
Rambo, Chuck Norris's character from "Invasion USA", Arnie's character in "Commando" and Charles Bronson's character in "Death Wish."

The Predators would have a field day in rough terrain filled with armed loonies.

The Chestburster Aliens would have no moral qualms about targeting civilians.

Godzilla would be bored in about half an hour.

Jason Voorhies and Freddy Krueger could provide them with many fun-filled nights.

Hulk Smash!

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really want to piss them off? Here's how.

Special Forces wipes out the camps. A few days, later, we send photos taken of the impromptu burial procedures performed to various Islamic fundamentalist groups with a small note which effectively states, "This could be you."

The series of photos depict the Special Forces team members sliding a slice of ham or bacon into the mouths of each corpse before interrment.

Of course, this would piss of the at-home Muslim population to no end....or would it?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, realisticly, it would instantly polarize the whole of the Muslim world against the United States, rather than a relatively small group of extremists. A full scale religious war is likely to result, the outcome of which could be a new dark age, following the destruction of modern institutions such as "liberal democracy" and "personal freedom". Some knowledge from the so-called Golden Age might survive in hardened storage formats.

But I didn't get the impression that this was supposed to be a realistic thread, so my vote is the Borg.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. It would also piss off pretty much any person who isn't sick.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, I'm all for a thread about what realistic military measures should be taken.

But somehow, using fictional creations to create a "dream team" to wipe these people out seems ... well, sorry ... innappropriate. Espcially since they don't exist.

And I don't see why anyone didn't say, "The Defiant should go into orbit and obliterate whatever country harbored the fuckers!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Constellation of One
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Constellation of One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... A tough one...

My nominations are:

Head Terrorist Killer Dude: Billy from the X-Files finale. No emotion, no worries, no muss, no fuss. Just a lot of dead terrorists, efficiently eliminated.

Assistant #1: Fireball from The Running Man. Yeah, he didn't do a whole lot to Arnold, but I've got faith in him. Gas him up again and send him into a terrorist camp. Let those bastards feel their flesh singe off.

Assistant #2: Charles Manson, because its only proper that a bunch of sick, baby killing pigs certain of their own self-righteousness be terminated by one of theirown.

Assistant #3: Farmer John, so he can do what Shik suggested. Hey, don't laugh, he has his own pig slaughterhouse! He comes cheap!

Assistant #4: Jeffrey Daumer. Why? Once we jumpstart his ashes, he's lean, mean, and HUNGRY!

I'll think of more in due course. Am I a sicko? Yes, most likely. But, I'm a sicko enraged by the acts of cowards. And yes, I do want them dead. Dead, dead, dead. And their goats. And their falafel. And do you know what? I make no apologies about it.

--------------------
Everything in life I ever needed to know I learned from The Simpsons.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And yes, I do want them dead. Dead, dead, dead. And their goats."

That's not sick. That's just weird.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan Ivanova... just for her "GOD sent me!" speech.

The Punisher, Deadpool, Sabretooth, and Wolverine.

Ah, Emma Frost, the White Queen... just because it'd be a WOMAN boiling their brainstems.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want a Star Trek solution, well here's one:

Voyager exits the Borg Transwarp conduit to end up on Sept. 14, 2001 and they find out that it was a few days after the WTC bombing. Janeway in her infinate goodness has Seven deploy chroniton particles so the ship could go back the day of the tragedy. When it happens, the ship goes on high orbit and locates the first jetliner about to hit the tower, so Janeway beams everyone off and blows it up. The passengers are beamed to LAX and hijackers are beamed directly onto the White House lawn where they are shot. Voyager repeats this with all four planes and then breaks orbit to head for Mars.

Would that be more plausable than the other things posted here?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

On what level is anyone finding this thread appropriate? I have no problems with using humour to lighten a grim situation, but this is just, well, offensive.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

No it isn't.

Don't tell me you've never pretended you were smacking somebody around while engaged in some strenuous activity, or vented anger by hitting something you couldn't hurt. This is identical. More, it's no more offensive than playing one of those 'anti-terrorist' or '007' video games and feeling the slightest bit of satisfaction when you blow the baddies up.

Except that we're using words and imagination, rather than virtual guns and knives, which is better for your mental faculties.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps